Intermountain Healthcare Student Intern II-IS Data Security in West Valley City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This is a great internship opportunity to get professional hands-on experience with Information Systems (I.S.) Security working in a corporate 24/7 Security Operation Center. The intern will provide tier 1 real-time monitoring, analysis, and escalation support for network and internal security threats. Will perform review of logs from multiple systems including firewall, applications, databases, and security information monitoring tools. The intern will communicate and escalate issues and incidents as required by process. Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts. Provides monitoring to support HIPAA / HITECH I.S. Security and other I.S. Security regulatory standards and/or assignments. It is anticipated that this internship will start immediately and continue for up to 12 months. However, it may end sooner depending on need and candidate availability.
Rate of pay: $15.00 an hour. No benefits eligibility. The intern will be required to work a minimum of 20 hours a week. Up to 40 hours of work a week may be available depending on department need and candidate availability.
This position will work with confidential and proprietary information that requires a signed IT Employee Invention and Confidentiality Agreement upon hire.
Essential Job Duties
1. Participates and is involved in a variety of projects that support the needs of the department / facility. Works with the members of the team to identify solutions and perform tasks that accomplish individual and team goals.
2. Attends team / department meetings and actively participate / take on opportunities to share knowledge and skills that are pertinent to the meeting.
3. Gains knowledge of the department's / facilities functions. May job shadow various roles within the department in order to understand their role in the organization.
4. Works with other members of the department / facility to accomplish assigned tasks.
5. Project Assistance: May be assigned one or more specific projects during the internship. Demonstrates an understanding of the process and accountability for the results / outcomes. Works independently or as a member of a team to accomplish the tasks necessary to successfully complete the project. Involves others when needed in a timely manner and work to meet project timelines.
6. Miscellaneous: Provides staff operational / clerical support to the department / facility as needed.
- Entry Rate: $15.00
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: 20-40 hours/week
- Department: Data Security
- Office Location: West Valley City, Utah
- Must be at least a junior or senior in an Information Systems Management or Computer Science program
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic with the ability to work in a team environment
- Must have the ability to create and maintain positive and healthy relationships in team environment and in working with others
- Be a self-starter and fulfill project tasks within deadline
- May be required to work outside of normal business hours including evenings, nights and weekends
- Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity
- Background or course work in I.S. Security
- Experience in I.S. technologies or systems
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Lake Park Campus
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-West Valley City