Intermountain Healthcare EVS Tech/Housekeeper - COVID-19 Crisis Response (SLC and Ogden area hospitals) in West Valley City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
One Intermountain - We're all in this Together!
Intermountain Healthcare is committed to “helping people live the healthiest lives possible.” With the COVID-19 crisis, this is more important than ever. Our team of dedicated caregivers remain committed to providing safe and extraordinary care for our patients during this time. We’re seeking Healthcare Hero’s for temporary positions. If you are interested or available to work a variety of hours, we are looking for you!
The Environmental Services Tech (Housekeeper) is an integral member of the Intermountain team. They provide a comfortable and safe healing environment for our patients by performing comprehensive housekeeping tasks that ensure clean, sanitary and attractive facilities. They follow standard procedures in the safe disposal of infectious waste and trash and safely use cleaning chemicals in accordance with Joint Commission and OSHA standards. They use supplies appropriately and effectively and report problems with equipment and with the facility in an appropriate and timely manner. The Environmental Services Tech (Housekeeper) has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives patients every day through their courteous and efficient service. They clean and disinfect assigned areas using department cleaning procedures.
Please Watch this Video to learn more about the EVS Tech/Housekeeper position with Intermountain Healthcare:
Click EVS Video link or copy and paste into address bar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7elV7b6BukE
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Cleans and disinfects assigned areas using department cleaning procedures.
- 2. Uses cleaning chemicals properly according to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- 3. Understands procedures and properly disposes of infectious waste and trash.
- 4. Handles and cleans up emergency spills per department guidelines as well as to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- 5. Operates and maintains assigned equipment according to established procedures.
- 6. Maintains work and storage areas following established policy and procedures to ensure safety.
- 7. Uses supplies appropriately and effectively.
- 8. Reports problems with equipment and facility in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Per Diem Pay Rate: $17.60
- Benefits Eligible: No - Temporary position
- Shift Details: Variable hours, including nights and weekends. Open to 8 and 12 hour shifts.
- Department: Environmental Services
- Locations: All Intermountain Healthcare Hospitals (Work location will be considered based on incumbent location)
- Additional Details: These positions are temporary to assist with the COVID-19 crisis
Intermountain Healthcare now uses a video interviewing program to help review and screen candidates. If you are moved onto the next steps of the application process, you may get an email or text with an invitation and instructions on how to complete your video interview. Please make sure to check your spam folder as sometimes these emails can get lost.
- Demonstrated communication skills to include reading color coded labels and chemicals as well as following written and verbal directions.
- Availability to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the department.
- Carrying, Lifting, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking
- Professional housekeeping experience
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Park City Hospital, McKay-Dee Hospital, TOSH, Layton Hospital, Riverton Hospital, LDS Hospital, Primary Children's Hospital, Intermountain Medical Center, Utah Valley Hospital, Dixie Regional at River Road, American Fork Hospital, Alta View Hospital
Expertise Guest Services / Housekeeping
Job Type Full Time, Per Diem, Temporary, On-Call / PRN, Part Time
Location US-UT-Bountiful, US-UT-Lehi, US-UT-Highland, US-UT-Draper, US-UT-Ogden, US-UT-Salt Lake City, US-UT-Taylorsville, US-UT-Kearns, US-UT-St George, US-UT-Orem, US-UT-West Jordan, US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Woods Cross, US-UT-Riverton, US-UT-Park City, US-UT-Farmington, US-UT-South Jordan, US-UT-Provo, US-UT-Sandy, US-UT-Layton, US-UT-Magna, US-UT-Holladay, US-UT-Hyrum, US-UT-North Ogden, US-UT-West Valley City, US-UT-Midvale