Intermountain Healthcare PCT/CNA - Float Pool - Full Time (Nights) - Dixie Regional Medical Center in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Patient Care Tech functions as a clinical support partner to assist the patient care team by performing various tasks and procedures as instructed by a licensed professional. The Patient Care Technicianwill float to 6 different units and will be under direct supervision of an RN. Patient assignment duties will include caring for a group of patients or being a care attendant, which is caring for one patient who is a safety risk. This position includes a flexible schedule and chance to view the different aspects of the hospital.
Essential Job Duties
- Prioritizes and delivers basic patient care which may include toileting, bathing, linen and clothing changes, fresh water and ice, ambulating, comfort measures, and other patient needs.
- Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients.
- Provides excellent customer service when responding to patient and family requests.
- Reports and records patient care findings and data in a timely manner. Reports changes in the patient condition quickly and secures qualified assistance as needed.
- Based on unit, may also be responsible for telemetry duties.
- Can function as a patient care attendant by monitoring patient, taking care of patient care needs, and involving other members of the patient care team as needed.
- When working on a clinical unit, may be required to take medications from the delivery system to the RN.
- Collaborates and consults with RN and other members of the interdisciplinary team for best patient care.
- Demonstrates effective teamwork, prioritization, communication, and organization.
- Performs non-nursing duties as delegated (e.g., cleaning, stocking, answering phones, clerical support, providing directions).
- Implements plan of care as delegated.
- Performs assigned duties within Scope of Practice. Performs specialized procedures with skill validation and according to regulatory standards. Fosters a safe environment by complying with the safety policy and taking appropriate action in an emergency.
- Entry Rate: Depending on Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes - Medical, Dental, Vision, Tuition Assistance, 401K, Pension Plan, etc.
- Shift Details: Nights - 12 hour shifts
- Department: Float Pool - Nursing Units at Dixie Regional Medical Center
- Additional Details: This position will require rotating weekend and holiday shifts. You will be trained on multiple nursing units. Float Pool staff will be notified of what nursing unit they will be working on prior to starting their shift, float pool staff is used to help where units do not have enough staffing for that particular shift/day.
- Current CNA Certification.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- CNA experience.
- CNA experience in a hospital setting.
- Basic computer skills.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 36
Primary Work Location Dixie Regional MC
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-St George