Intermountain Healthcare Med Tech/MLS Lab Coord in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
This position is accountable for assisting in the development of uniform quality control training and education, in accordance with regulatory standards, in the lab sections for which it is assigned. The position will assist the manager or supervisor by overseeing auditing processes and quality control documentation, as well as documentation and auditing of training/education of competency records. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to: coordination of laboratory QC, competency and CAP programs, equipment troubleshooting and maintenance, training of current and new employees, and providing general leadership for laboratory employees.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Performs lab tests with accuracy and follows SOPs to assure the best patient outcomes. Helps develop policies and procedures (including annual review) and accurately communicates these to employees to ensure compliance.
- 2. Monitors laboratory personnel for competency in good laboratory practice and compliance to all Intermountain laboratory rules and standards. Reports and assists with correction of infractions. Reviews and documents event reports, when appropriate, and helps develop laboratory processes that ensure compliance and goal attainment.
- 3. Is actively involved with manager or supervisor and lab personnel in all laboratory inspections. Maintains knowledge of CAP requirements (and other requirements) and supports inspection readiness and follow-up.
- 4. Participates in writing and updating applicable SOPs, procedures and policies, with guidance from supervisor.
- 5. Oversees quality control (QC) activities. Troubleshoots and works proactively with others to resolve instrument performance issues before patient care is affected. Ensures that all equipment service and repair needs are appropriate and are performed to minimize downtime.
- 6. Maintains a comprehensive understanding of bench-level procedures and of established regulatory requirements necessary to perform bench positions.
- 7. Maintains expertise in field by studying new clinical research, attending corporate seminars and other training related to area of responsibility and is available to work the bench when necessary.
- 8. Acts as a resource for quality and documentation related questions for employees, clinicians, and hospital staff. Serves on appointed system-wide and facility committees and informs leadership of changes or information impacting laboratory services.
- 9. May serve as an interim supervisor of employees if the manager/main section supervisor is unavailable.
- Entry Rate: $27.49
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time
- Department: Laboratory - Microbiology
- Additional Details: a minimum 2 years experience in Microbiology
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory/medical technology science. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Medical Technologist/Medical Lab Scientist certification or equivalent as approved by the Manager and Human Resources. Certification must be maintained to remain in the job.
- Three years of clinical laboratory experience.
- Experience with laboratory systems, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills using email, telephone, and in person.
- Experience with Laboratory regulatory agencies.
- Experience writing SOPs and writing other analytical documentation.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts that may include weekends, holidays, nights, and on-call.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate information.
- Operate computers and complex and delicate lab equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read lab equipment, monitors, and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer or other equipment.
- Experience leading training and education of staff at all levels.
- Experience supervising staff members
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Dixie Reg River Road
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-St George