Intermountain Healthcare Lab Mgr-Translational Science - Precision Genomics Dixie Regional Hospital - Full time in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
About Intermountain Precision Genomics
Working at the forefront of medical science and technology, Intermountain Precision Genomics , based in St George, UT, leverages the power of next-generation sequencing and state-of-the-art genomic techniques in translational research and clinical testing to enable precision medicine in cancer and other diseases.
We are a team of scientists, physicians and technicians working under visionary leadership and fueled by a passion to deliver on the promise of personalized treatments to improve patient’s lives.
We are hiring motivated individuals looking for an engaging, dynamic work environment. Ideal candidates believe they can make a difference with their talents and expertise, working collaboratively in our team to push the boundaries of medical science.
Our group is located in St. George, Utah. A beautiful community nestled in the red Sandstone Mountains of southern Utah. The gateway to some of the best National Parks in the country, with affordable cost of living, mild winters and proximity to Las Vegas as well as winter sports in Bryan Head, Utah.
This position is responsible for providing overall management and oversight of daily laboratory activities in Precision Genomics and Translational Science & Research. Works in partnership with laboratory leadership and other facility management and departments to ensure the provision of optimal handling of research samples, efficiency of lab processes, attainment of financial goals, and development of staff.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Responsible for the implementation of all aspects of the laboratory operation to assure the highest quality of our services, efficiency and efficiency of our procedures, timely completion of projects and assignments, and correct operation and maintenance of all our equipment.
- 2. Engages with group leadership and Physicians-investigators to achieve operational and service goals as well as assure that the best available methods and technology are being applied to provide WGS, Exome sequencing, Transcriptome sequencing, and other genomic applications.
- 3. Understands trends in genomic research and actively monitors the advances in technology and development of new techniques that might enhance and improve lab operations and enable the creation of new services that bring value to research community at Intermountain. Monitors behavior and directions taken by other major genome centers in the country. Frequently presents ideas and suggestions for continual improvement to the leadership of the group.
- 4. Maintains detail control of the cost of operations, both fixed as well as variable, and tracks KPIs that are meaningful and actionable.
- 5. Ensures competent and sufficient number of staff to meet care and/or service needs. Responsible for all human resources functions including: hiring, orientation, performance management, and recognition. Ensures that new skill training and ongoing competency verification is completed annually.
- 6. Manages the strategic planning process at the service line level and ensures goals are consistent with hospital and Intermountain initiatives. Serves on Intermountain laboratory administration guidance teams to develop appropriate practices and goals for Laboratory Services.
- 7. Maintains bench competency and skills.
- Salarycommensurate with experience
- Full time, 40 hours per week
- Benefits Eligible
- Bachelor's degree in chemical, physical, biological sciences, or clinical laboratory / medical technology science obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Five years of experience with specific technology and techniques relevant to the particular lab setting.
- Three years leadership experience and management of high-throughput wet-lab operation using genomics technologies.
- Experience in developing, leading, and implementing organization/department initiatives.
- Experience with laboratory-related agencies.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, Information Technology systems, and organizational skills.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate information.
- Operate computers and complex and delicate lab equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read lab equipment, monitors, and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer or other equipment.
- Masters in a relevant biological field with emphasis on genomic research.
- PhD in a relevant biological field with emphasis on genomic research.
- Technical experience with NGS lab processes and Illumina instrumentation.
- Lean Six Sigma and quality systems training or experience.
- Proven laboratory management experience in a high throughput commercial or core laboratory.
- Professional work background in quality regulated ISO, GMP, or CLIA environments.
- Understanding of processes involving data management and analysis of large NGS datasets.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Dixie Regional MC
Expertise Research / Specialty Services / Education
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-St George