Intermountain Healthcare Food Service Specialist in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
Under general supervision, the Food Service Specialist performs a variety of food service duties.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Obtains food and/or supplies from storeroom.
- 2. Delivers and presents trays to patients using patient identifier process.
- 3. Stocks and cleans.
- 4. Independently resolves customer service issues.
- 5. Performs accurate cash/credit transactions according to corporate standards.
- 6. Balances and reconciles drawer.
- 7. Knows menu, portion, and price prior to meal service to provide appropriate service to customers, including answering questions and serving food.
- 8. Sets up and services catered functions according to requested level and scope of service.
- 9. Performs food preparation functions (following standard recipe, assembling ingredients), for example, prepares salads, sandwiches, vegetables, and fruit.
- 10. Understands modified diets and prepares modified recipes using appropriate techniques.
- 11. Maintains an organized and sanitary working environment.
- 12. Maintains proper quantities of production with appropriate rotation of product.
- 13. Performs housekeeping functions including cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, floor care, and equipment (oven, fryer, hoods).
- 14. Follows HACCP standards.
- Entry Rate: $11.65
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time/40 hours per week
- Department: Food Services
- Additional Details: Two of the positions, staff will need to work 5pm to 2am. Four of the positions, staff will need to be able to work 6 am to 6 pm.
- Food Handler's Permit (as required by the County).
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle problems and difficult situations.
- Demonstrated basic math skills.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator, and tolerate exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- One year of food service or cashier experience.
- Hospital food service experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Dixie Reg River Road
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-St George