Intermountain Healthcare Wheelchair Assistant - Salt Lake City Homecare in South Jordan, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
Provides customer service, technical and operational support to the Wheelchair shop at Intermountain Homecare. Maintains a good working knowledge of wheelchair products and acts as a resource for patients, physicians, nurses and other staff about the features and limitations of wheelchairs.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Provides follow up, dispatch, scheduling, and customer service support for both new wheelchair customers and repair customers. Provides information to physicians, nurses and other hospital staff about Homecare?s wheelchair services as well as the features and limitations of wheelchairs.
- 2. Assists with core seating and positioning tasks for wheelchairs. Assists when needed with final assembly and adjustments. Assists in the coordination and completion of repairs when necessary.
- 3. Measures and assesses for compression garments and orthotics.
- 4. Coordinates repairs, deliveries, pickups and initiates custom orders through the supply chain.
- 5. Schedules, triages, and directs patients with mobility needs to appropriate personnel in the SLC office as well as satellite locations as necessary.
- Entry Rate: $14.35 + (Based on Experience)
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Department: Salt Lake City Homecare
- Additional Details: We have a Full Time - 40 hour a week Wheelchair Assistant position open, located at our Salt Lake City Homecare
- Two years of customer service experience.
- Two years of medical equipment experience.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of clinical, medical and insurance terminology.
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, email, and calendar, software programs.
- Demonstrated excellent telephone and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, set priorities, work independently, and be a self-starter.
- Carrying, Hearing, Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling, Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Walking, Squatting, Kneeling.
- Demonstrated experience with Icentra, Help2, and CPR Plus.
- Wheelchair provision, manufacturing and repair experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Salt Lake City Homecare
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-South Jordan