Intermountain Healthcare Home Medical Equipment Delivery Assistant - Salt Lake City Homecare in South Jordan, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
Under the direction of a manager, the Home Medical Equipment Delivery Assistant facilitates the timely implementation and execution of physician orders, delivering home medical equipment (HME) and related supplies to patients. As a valued member of the team, this position provides important patient education. Some Home Medical Equipment Delivery Assistants may deliver Liquid Oxygen (LOX).
Essential Job Duties
- Makes timely deliveries of Home Medical Equipment (HME) products and supplies to customers. Follows Homecare HME protocol regarding delivery timelines and processes.
- Conducts patient education as required, ensuring that customers feel safe, welcome, and at ease. Documents the patient education exchange with appropriate forms.
- Receives intake information from source. Verifies the client specific needs and selects appropriate equipment based on assessment while adhering to physician orders. Generates Homecare order to meet client needs and ensures completion of all documentation and paperwork.
- Provides extraordinary customer service. Responds to telephone and in-person requests in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures customer (e.g., referral source, co-worker, patient) requests are triaged and handled appropriately and in a timely manner. Interacts with all customers in a positive, tactful, and professional manner. Provides instruction to clients and caregivers in the use, care, and safety of supplies and equipment provided. Makes timely and accurate deliveries.
- Accurately completes or updates the following information as appropriate: Delivery or Pickup Ticket; handwritten sales invoice or delivery documentation via scan gun; rental agreement or return/exchange form; HME Assessment form; and Driver's Daily Activity Log. Maintains an understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, and third-party billing requirements and all components of Homecare's equipment order processing system.
- Coordinates the acquisition of appropriate medical equipment and supplies with the HME store to maintain acceptable par levels in stock.
- Communicates any problems regarding the patient's condition and use of supplies or equipment to the appropriate staff. Demonstrates keen problem identification skills and resolution abilities and addresses concerns in a timely manner.
- Completes charting and assessment notes in patient account for all setups and/or exchanges of home medical equipment. Logs appropriate progress notes in patient accounts as necessary. LOX employees only: Liquid Oxygen (LOX) Systems Handling. Maintains a high degree of knowledge related to how LOX systems work and how to operate them safely and properly.
- Entry Rate: $14.77 + (Based on Experience)
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Monday through Saturday with one day off in the week, one Sunday per month and on-call shifts once fully trained of approximately 3 per month.
- Department: Salt Lake City Homecare - Dispatch
- Additional Details: We have a Full Time - 40 hour a week Home Medical Equipment Delivery Assistant position open with our Salt Lake City homecare team.
- Current driver's license, insured and reliable transportation and an acceptable driving record.
- LOX employees only: CDL Licensure.
- LOX employees only: Current-Hazmat Endorsement.
- Two years of customer service experience.
- Strong communication and telephone skills.
- Organizational and prioritization skills.
- Work independently and be self-motivated.
- Basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, internet, and e-mail.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate and identify HME equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with both patients/customers and /or patient care providers, that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, equipment alarms, customer/patient needs, and issues quickly and accurately.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care; accessing needed information; dialing in settings on equipment;changing filters; and threading of connectors and other equipment accessories.
- Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Expected to utilize full range of movement in doing so. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items up to 70 lbs.
- Need to stand and walk to assist with distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling all types of HME/Respiratory equipment including 02 cylinders and hospital beds and other heavy items. Often required to set up equipment in crowded apartment buildings and rooms (full of furniture, equipment, power cords on the floor, etc). Need to ascend and descend multiple flights of stairs or uneven surfaces in order to access patients/customers in their homes. Employee needs to be able to squat/kneel in order to install HME equipment in the home.
- Expected to drive a vehicle which requires sitting, seeing and reading signs, traffic signals, and other vehicles.
- Experience in a health care related field.
- Medical equipment and supplies experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Salt Lake City Homecare
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-South Jordan