Intermountain Healthcare Shuttle Driver in Sandy, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Shuttle Driver is responsible for the safe and timely transportation of employees, patients, and visitors to appropriate destinations. They assist with way-finding for guests and patients. Incumbent will work rotating shifts and be willing to work multiple locations. The job will require working outside in severe weather, including wind, rain, snow and extreme heat.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Safely transports employees, patients, and visitors in a timely manner to appropriate destinations. Avoids hazardous situations. Drives defensively, avoiding accidents. Knowledgeable of parking rules and regulations.
- 2. Prepares shuttles for service by removing ice from windows, warming up engine, unlocking doors and placing radios and cell phone in shuttles. Upon end of shift is responsible for parking, cleaning, security shuttle as outlined and taking lost items to lost and found.
- 3. Maintains a respectful and positive attitude toward employees and patients/visitors displaying professional image and excellent customer service at all times. Assists with way-finding. Maintains professional radio conversation with other drivers.
- 4. Reports any problems, accidents or equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- 5. Follows proper procedures for fueling shuttles. Maintains statistics log sheets as directed. Charges cell phone and radio as directed.
- 6. Provide coverage when volunteers are not available at the Information Desk and Flower Drop. Direct customer/patient requests to the appropriate people.
- Entry Rate: $12.17+ depending on experience.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 40 hrs/wk; Monday - Friday 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Department: Safety and Security
- Current Utah driver's license and a record that is consistent with the guidelines of the Motor Vehicle Driver Safety Policy and the Driver Qualification Procedure.
- Must also have or be able to obtain a Class "C" drivers license, if driving a vehicle with 15 passenger occupancy or more.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Self-motivated, be able to problem solve and have strong customer and interpersonal skills.
- Lifting, Pulling, Pushing, Squatting, Standing
- CDL License or DOT Certification
- Experience operating a shuttle vehicle
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Alta View Hospital
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time