Intermountain Healthcare Radiology Tech- PRN- Alta View Hospital in Sandy, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Registered Radiology Technologist performs medical imaging examinations under the direction of a physician.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures proper patient identification, order verification, and prepares the patient for the exam.
- Is sensitive to the patients needs throughout the procedure. Sufficiently explains to the patient and family the procedure about to be performed in order to facilitate cooperation and alleviate patient anxiety. Addresses any patient concerns.
- Performs radiologic exams that produce quality images and ensures patient and staff safety. Accomplishes this by following proper protocols, correct patient positioning, appropriate and effective use of equipment, and adherence to radiation protection and guidelines.
- Utilizes sterile technique when performing invasive procedures.
- Recognizes emergent patient situations and responds quickly and appropriately.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
- Coordinates patient care and communicates pertinent information to other patient care providers following procedure.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and safe environment for patients and staff. Ensures that supplies and equipment are stored in an organized and efficient manner.
- Pursues individual education and career development opportunities, emphasizing those for new procedures and equipment.
- As appropriate, assists and instructs students and other Radiology Techs in exam protocols, procedures, positioning, and equipment.
- Entry Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: This position is PRN or as needed. Must be available to work 7 days a week including holidays. Call is available and at times mandatory.
- Department: Alta View Hospital
- ARRT registration.
- Current Rad Tech license in State of Utah.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare providers.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking.
- IV certification.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Alta View Hospital
Job Type On-Call / PRN