Intermountain Healthcare Writer - Internal Communications (part time) in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
As part of the Marketing and Communications (M&C) team reporting to a Manager of M&C, this specialist position assists in building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between Intermountain Healthcare and its key internal and external stakeholders through the consistent use of best-practice communication tools. Helps research, plan, produce, coordinate, and effectively communicate key messages, initiatives, policies, programs, and other activities of Intermountain Healthcare to various audiences.
This is a part-time position - 24 hours/week.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Marketing Communications: Plans, researches, writes, edits, proof reads, produces and distributes various publications for both internal and external audiences. Achieves desired results on time and under budget. Creates or finds artwork as needed. Researches and negotiates usage rights and fees for stock artwork when appropriate.
- 2. Multi-media production: Responsible for conceptualizing, writing and editing print, presentation, online and video communications.
- 3. Follows writing and graphic design principles to produce materials using a variety of software programs.
- 4. Works with facility leaders to execute strategic planning activities for the department and on individual projects. Works with facility leaders to execute strategic planning activities for regional, facility, department and/or individual project.
- 5. Develops and implements consistent standards for areas of responsibility to ensure system branding guidelines are followed with high quality and professionalism.
- 6. Communication consultant: Serves as communications consultant for assigned departments including: creating, branding, and editing messages. Attends meetings, gives input on potential communication strategies, and makes presentations.
- 7. Media relations: Designs, develops and executes appropriate media relations strategies. Proactive in developing professional relationships with external media. Responds to media inquiries in a timely manner. Acts as liaison to Corporate/Regional Communications for facility, as appropriate.
- 8. Engages in assigned community relations activities. Facilitates the development of partnerships for community and facility relations and fund raising initiatives. Organizes and executes community relations plans and programs.
- 9. Create branded content (written, visual, video) as it pertains to coordinated campaigns.
- 10. Plan and execute details for organizational events, as assigned.
- 11. Serves as an important contributor to assigned team or sub-function within M&C, and utilizes competencies in each of the following areas: building customer loyalty, coaching, communication, contributing to team success, decision making, healing commitments and values, and managing work.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: part-time - 24 hours/ week
- Department: Communications
- Office location: Salt Lake City, Utah (flexible - may work from an Intermountain hospital in another large Utah city)
- Additional Details: This position will primarily be responsible for writing, editing, and distributing news for internal audiences.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations, English, journalism, business, or related college major requiring strong writing skills. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution and education is verified.
- Demonstrated excellent writing experience.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and experience with copy editing and proof reading.
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital communications, applicable design programs, social media platforms, and other communication tools.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Health care experience
- Experience in newswriting (2-5 years)
- Experience with internal communications
- Web design / content management experience
- Graphic design experience working with the Adobe Creative Suite
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location Central Offices
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City