Intermountain Healthcare Social Worker-Clinical - Primary Children's Oncology Administration in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Clinical Social Worker utilizes clinical expertise to perform psychosocial assessments, develop and implement plans of care appropriate care team, assess crisis situations to appropriately provide needed resources and or referrals for the patient, and to provide family and individual treatment as indicated. This position works collaboratively with patients, patient's significant other, families, healthcare providers, insurers, community resources, and all other involved parties.
Essential Job Duties
- Assesses the patient's medical history, mental health history, and current presentation to understand the patient's needs from treatment.
- Diagnoses and treats various mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders.
- Develops a plan of care either individually or with input from the patient, patient family and significant others, physicians, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Modifies care plans to reflect changes in patient status.
- Refers patients to other services to improve their well-being. These referrals may include community services, treatment programs, support groups, psychiatrists, or other mental health providers.
- Properly documents pertinent information in regard to the patient's plan of care.
- Works with the multi-disciplinary team to develop a discharge plan in order to provide further care, services, and referrals in order to ensure continuity of care.
- Complies with federal, state, local, and clinical program/facility standards.
- Acts within the scope of the Mental Health Practice Act.
- Entry Rate: Based on licensure and experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN, 0 hours. Primarily a daytime, Monday - Friday position. Occasional weekend coverage for admission screenings.
- Department: Primary Children's Oncology Administration
- Master's Degree in Social Work. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Current State Licensure as CSW, LCSW or LMFT.
- Computer Skills, i.e., email, word processing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Walking, Standing.
- Experience with patients, families, and treatment teams.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Expertise Family Services / Mental Health
Job Type On-Call / PRN
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City