Intermountain Healthcare Registered Nurse - RN Specialist - Memorial Instacare in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a licensed professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for assessing, planning, implementation and evaluating care of patients. The staff RN utilizes the nursing process by use of technology, therapeutic intervention, and coordination of care with other health team members.
Essential Job Duties
- Assessment - Performs appropriate assessment of physical, social, and psychological status (including cognitive, communicative and developmental skills as appropriate); seeks and evaluates information acquired from other members of interdisciplinary team: patient (e.g., family, physician, non-nursing disciplines, support staff).
- Planning - Uses assessment information and critical thinking skills to collaboratively develop individualized plan of care; actively seeks patient and family involvement to develop plan of care; collaboratively plans and prepares patients for further support; prepares patients for further support needs once the current episode of care outcomes are met (i.e., teaching, referrals, and follow-up).
- Implementation - Directs the interdisciplinary care team via delegation, coordination, and collaboration.
- Evaluation - Evaluates patient response to interventions through review of achievement of goals, clinical outcomes, patient and family satisfaction; revises plan of care as indicated, and reassesses changes as appropriate.
- Professional Development - Promotes the nursing profession and participates in development of others; promotes an appropriate professional relationship between the nursing staff and physicians; integrates legal and ethical standards into practice: comply with regulatory standards and Intermountain policy, practice within scope of licensure, provide accurate & timely documentation, and understand legal implications of care delivery; meets initial, annual and ongoing competency requirements for job functions that are outside of basic RN training (i.e. clinical procedures, pertinent laboratory tests, use of equipment and supplies).
- Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives (i.e. CQI, TQM, Lean, 100% participation, etc.).
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN, variable shifts as needed
- Department: Memorial Instacare
- Primary Location: Memorial Clinic
- Additional Details: Candidate is required to have 1+ years of licensed RN experience in an acute care setting; Emergency Room and/or InstaCare experience strongly preferred.
- Current RN License in state of practice.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Practice specific certification as required by the clinical setting in which they work (i.e., ACLS, PALS, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills.
- ** Note: RNs hired or promoted on or after July 1, 2017 who have 12 months or less of working experience as an RN will be required to sign an agreement that they will obtain their BSN degree on or before June 1, 2022. Anyone starting in this role January 2021 or after will be given three years to complete their BSN degree.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited institution.
- 2+ years of licensed RN experience in an acute care setting.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Memorial Clinic
Job Type On-Call / PRN
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City