Intermountain Healthcare Provider Credentialing Coordinator - Part Time in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Provider Credentialing Coordinator is responsible for facilitating Intermountain's credential verification program and practitioner database. At the facility level, this position will serve as the primary credentialing coordinator. At the Corporate level the postion will provide centralized support to liaison for hospitals, practitioners, and/or insurance providers regarding credentialing services.
Essential Job Duties
1. Facilitates all aspects of credential verification program with accuracy and attention to detail.
2. Sends initial appointment packets to practitioners with appropriate facility specific privilege request forms, bylaws and rules and regulations and other forms, and SelectHealth documents.
3. Creates and maintains practitioner files. Receives initial appointment applications, assures completeness and verifies credentials as outlined on the application to include: Education and training, Peer references, Hospital affiliations, State licensures (including controlled substance licenses) and DEA. Queries the National Practitioner Data Bank. Also collects other pertinent information requested for Intermountain Healthcare.
4. Coordinates reappointment dates for all practitioners participating in the credential verification program. Sends reappointment packets to practitioners, receives returned packets, assures completeness and verifies reappointment credentials, query hospital affiliations to verify continued competence, current state licensure (including controlled substance DEA certification), current malpractice coverage and claims history. Queries the National Practitioner Database.
5. Enters new applicants and updates practitioner data into appropriate databases. Assists in the operation and maintenance of a system-wide practitioner database accessible by all Intermountain facilities.
6. Prepares credentials summary and assembles reappointment packets for each facility to which the practitioner is applying or reapplying including SelectHealth for review and approval by the Director of Medical Staff Services.
7. Gains and maintains a working knowledge of current JCAHO and NCQA standards as well as state and federal guidelines and requirements.
8. Serves as the primary liaison between hospitals and practitioners, dealing with issues, questions, assessing needs and meeting expectations. Makes sure facilities and/or Insurance Providers follow through on initial appointments and reappointments in a timely manner. Has frequent contact with system wide medical staff services professionals, administrators and/or medical directors, and practitioners.
9. Keeps the Medical Staff Services Director apprised of problems or concerns and assists in the preparation of reports, handle correspondence, arrange meetings, etc.
- Entry Rate: $19.11
- Benefits Eligible: Yes - Medical Only
- Shift Details: 16 Hours Per Week - M-F Regular Business Hours
- Department: Medical Affairs
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Manual Dexterity, Seeing
- Bachelor's degree. Education must be obtained through an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) by the National Association of Medical Staff Services.Associatesor Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) by the National Association of Medical Staff Services.Associates.
- Three years of experience working in the medical field in an administrative support role.
- Proficient in word processing and database applications as well as e-mail, calendaring and internet tools.
- Knowledge of data collection methods.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 16
Primary Work Location Central Offices
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City