Intermountain Healthcare Pharmacy Tech II - LDS Outpatient Pharmacy - Part time in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Pharmacy Technician (Level II) demonstrates consistent application of knowledge and skills in assisting the pharmacist in the execution of appropriate, safe, efficient, effective, and cost effective pharmaceutical care in the scope of their particular assignment. This position participates in the procedural aspects of pharmacy practice under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist and is an integral part of the pharmacy team. Incumbents of this position are expected to practice at a level of practice associated with an experienced, competent technician.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides customer service to patients, pharmacists, other technicians, and other healthcare professionals in the areas of responsibility.
- Communicates effectively with staff regarding responsibilities and identified concerns.
- Is competent and effective in technical responsibilities assigned and seeks appropriate training and peer feedback on routine responsibilities.
- Understands and is compliant to state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and guidelines related to their specific area of practice.
- Participates and supports the fiscal responsibilities of the department, facility, and Intermountain Healthcare as a whole.
- Provides delivery of medications, information, or service in a professional, timely manner and is actively engaged in department and team goals, activities, and projects.
- Consistently attains appropriate supervision and accuracy checks by the pharmacist(s) on staff when working, understanding that the pharmacist is the supervisor of their activities.
- Participates in quality improvement activities and constantly seeks a team approach to developing and achieving best practices and processes.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: 18 hours a week. The pharmacy is open from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Saturday. Shifts will fall within that schedule and can change when necessary to accommodate staffing.
- Department: LDS Community Hospital Pharmacy, located at 8th Ave. and C Street, Salt Lake City, UT. 84143.
- Additional Details:This position will support medication delivery to discharging patients, as well as regular pharmacy retail responsibilities. Opportunity to help cover vacations and sick days as department needs arise.
- Current Utah technician license to practice as a pharmacy technician.
- Current knowledge of state and federal regulations and statutes regarding the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of approved drugs, controlled substances, and investigational agents.
- Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Previous retail Pharmacy Technician experience.
- Computer skills and experience with pharmacy systems.
- Spanish speaking beneficial.
- Comfortable working with other hospital staff and interacting with hospital patients..
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 18
Primary Work Location LDS Hospital
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City