Intermountain Healthcare Nurse Case Manager - Intermountain Medical Center (PRN/On-Call) in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Nurse Case Manager utilizes clinical expertise and critical thinking skills to develop and implement a plan of care that provides cost effective, extraordinary care. This position works collaboratively with patients, patient families/significant others, healthcare providers, insurers, community resources, and other involved parties.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN/On call
- Shifts are variable depending on business needs.
- Department: Hospital Care Management
- Location: Intermountain Medical Center
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN). Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Current RN license for state in which the nurse practices.
- Three years of clinical nursing experience.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of word processing software.
Essential Job Duties
- Organizes and prioritizes daily work by assessing new, current, and discharging patient needs in area(s) of responsibility. Completes documentation as required.
- Performs utilization review activities to provide patient appropriate, timely, and cost effective care. Coordinates care with patient, care providers, hospital financial services, and third-party payers.
- Maintains an active role in denial prevention. Proactively intervenes with payers to prevent inpatient denials. Performs retroactive reviews on discharged patients as assigned. Communicates any necessary information to payers to help appeal existing denials. Uses level of care criteria to justify the patient's severity of illness and intensity of service. Reviews payer requirements and government regulations to ensure safe and cost-effective healthcare.
- Screens and coordinates the discharge planning process from patient admission to departure. Assesses patient needs, develops a discharge plan, and coordinates with internal and external services for care during and after the hospital stay
- Identifies patients with potential avoidable delays, extended stay, readmission, or discharge needs. Coordinates with care providers and leaders to reach optimal solutions.
- Educates, communicates, and coordinates with multiple patient care teams to ensure the patient receives quality care, a timely discharge, and to identify and resolve delays and issues.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, monitors, identify equipment and supplies, and be able to assess patient needs.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, etc.
- Case management Certification.
- Experience in Case management, Utilization review, and/or discharge planning.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Job Type On-Call / PRN
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City