Intermountain Healthcare NICU Dietary Tech II in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Dietary Tech II acts as a liaison in facilitating the nutrition care process.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Collects nutrition screening information.
- 2. Completes calorie count and nutrition analysis process.
- 3. Documents patient information as established by protocol.
- 4. Completes business functions as established by department.
- 5. Participates in department continuous quality improvement projects.
- 6. Performs functions of Bedside Connect and room service call center.
- 7. Coordinates the diet office communication.
- 8. Assists in meal selection for patients as established by protocol.
- 9. Records patient meal orders.
- 10. Provides exceptional customer service in all customer interactions.
- Entry Rate: $13.70 + Depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Part-time, average 16 hours/week, This position works 2 shifts per week from 6:30 am to 2 pm. Shifts are 7 days per week. Position rotates into weekends and holidays.
- Department: Clinical Nutrition, Primary Children's Hospital (Salt Lake City)
Perks of Working for Intermountain
- Discounted transit / commuter pass
- Discounted Deer Valley Ski Resort tickets
- Meal discounts
- 24/7 on-site, state-of-the art fitness centers at many facilities (about $5 per month) including group fitness classes at select facilities
- Health and Wellness Programs including a Live Well Incentive Program
- 401(k) 2% for all caregivers with additional matching up to 4%
- Over 302,000 discount offers across 10,000 cities on everything from pizza, the zoo, movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels
- Education Assistance (must be benefits eligible)
- Tuition Loan Assistance for full-time caregivers (available for select positions), up to $3,000 per calendar year
- Education and Development Opportunities
- Employee Appreciation Events (including a yearly gift)
- Many facilities have full-service cafés, gift shops, and ATMs onsite
- CNA Scholarships and Tuition Assistance available for select certification (must be benefits eligible + employed by Intermountain Healthcare for 90 days) call 800-283-4550 (Option 2) or visit https://www.gwcu.org/CNAScholarship
- Cell Phone Discounts (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile)
- Discounted Lagoon Amusement Park Tickets
- Food handler's permit (as required by facility).
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills and keyboarding proficiency.
- Demonstrated math skills.
- Experience transcribing information quickly and accurately.
- Food service or healthcare service experience.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator and tolerate exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Food service or nutrition related coursework.
- Experience in a medical setting.
- One year of food service experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 16
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City