Intermountain Healthcare Internal Communications Specialist in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
As part of the Internal Communications team reporting to a Manager of Employee and Leadership Communications, this specialist position assists in building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between Intermountain Healthcare and its key internal and external stakeholders through the consistent use of best-practice communication tools. Helps research, plan, produce, coordinate, and effectively communicate key messages, initiatives, policies, programs, and other activities of Intermountain Healthcare to various audiences.
This is a system-wide position for the assigned internal communication functions, and is not confined to a single Intermountain facility, business, or service line. The position works closely and collaboratively with other communications professionals within the Intermountain Healthcare system helping Intermountain achieve its brand objectives and fulfill its Mission, Vision, and Values.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Internal Communications: Plans, researches, writes, edits, proof reads, produces, and distributes various communications (print and digital) for both internal and external audiences. Achieves desired results on time and within budget. Creates or finds artwork as needed.
- 2. Multi-media production: Responsible for conceptualizing, writing, and editing print, presentation, online, and video communications.
- 3. Follows writing and graphic design principles to produce materials using a variety of software programs. Develops and implements consistent standards for areas of responsibility to ensure system branding guidelines are followed with high quality and professionalism.
- 4. Evaluates and measures communications, keeps pace with technology, uses creativity, and maintains technical accuracy to ensure quality and effectiveness of campaigns and messages.
- 5. Performs technical writing and editing to promote the organization's products, services, and image as assigned across multiple mediums (web, social, etc).
- 6. Works with facility and functional team leaders to execute strategic planning activities for the department and for individual projects.
- 7. Media relations: As assigned, designs, develops, and executes appropriate media relations strategies. Proactive in developing professional relationships with external media. Responds to media inquiries in a timely manner.
- 8. Engages in assigned community relations activities. Facilitates the development of partnerships for community and facility relations and fund raising initiatives. Organizes and executes community relations plans and programs.
- 9. Create branded content (written, visual, video) as it pertains to coordinated campaigns.
- 10. Plan and execute details for organizational events, as assigned.
- 11. Serves as an important contributor to assigned team or sub-function within M&C, and utilizes competencies in each of the following areas: building customer loyalty, coaching, communication, contributing to team success, decision making, healing commitments and values, and managing work.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time position
- Department: Communications; Central Offices in Salt Lake City
- Additional Details: Area of responsibility will be with caregiver communications
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations, English, journalism, business, or related college major requiring strong writing skills. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution and education is verified.
- Demonstrated excellent writing experience.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and experience with copy editing and proof reading.
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital communications, applicable design programs, social media platforms, and other communication tools.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- One year of experience in internal communications, including such activities as writing, graphic design, videography, event planning, and general public relations.
- Healthcare experinece.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Central Offices
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City