Intermountain Healthcare Intermountain Healthcare Administrative Fellow-2021 in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Administrative Fellowship provides an opportunity for recent post--graduate students to receive Administrative experience in a variety of healthcare business units and facilities. The Fellow will work closely with a preceptor throughout their Fellowship experience. The incumbent performs problem assessment, analysis, solution design and recommendation, and implementation as directed – based on experience and capability. This role is a one-year assignment, and the administrative fellow is typically assigned to work on a different project or in a different location each quarter.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Works on special assignments as directed by their preceptor / mentor - either individually or as a member or leader of a project team. Leads or participates in meetings and collaborates with key stakeholders and subject matter experts as appropriate.
- 2. Assesses problems through appropriate data collection and analysis techniques.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate action steps for problem resolution.
- 3. Implements action steps for improvement and evaluates effectiveness of problem solution process and outcome.
- 4. Practices "double-loop learning", learning not only from the actual work done, but from the fellowship process itself - helping to continuously improve the fellowship experience for the incumbent as well as Intermountain Healthcare.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: M-F, days
- Additional Details: This is a one-year Fellowship opportunity, which offers a full benefits package.
Application Process Details
We will be accepting applications for the 2021/2022 Administrative Fellowship from June 01, 2020 through the morning of September 14, 2020, at 8:00 AM MST. We are only accepting applications through our Intermountain Healthcare Jobs portal.
Please note, applications will not be reviewed until after the deadline of September 14, 2020. At this time, we will contact our top applicants for next steps in the interview process.
*Applicants must attach all of the following documents to the online application by the application deadline in order to be considered. Failure to do so will lead to automatic declination*:
- Resume or CV
- Copy of Graduate Transcript (unofficial copies are acceptable---official copies will be requested if you are a final candidate, and your education will be verified)
- Minimum one page essay discussing how the Fellowship fits in to your career goals and objectives
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic, one professional).
Click on or copy and paste the link below into your internet browser for more information and FAQ's on the Administrative Fellowship opportunity at Intermountain Healthcare: http://bit.ly/28SHE1V
Please reach out to Mary Giles at firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries to the application process.
- Master's degree. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.or Completion of Master's program pending completion of Intermountain internship within one year.
- Demonstrated quality academic preparation as indicted by letters of quality of their academic preparation, letters of recommendation and prior work or intern experience.
- Experience demonstrating conceptual, analytic and problem solving skills.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity.
- Master's Degree in Business (MBA), Healthcare Administration (MHA), Public Health (MPH), or a clinical discipline such as Nursing, etc.
- Experience building and leading creative and effective teams.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Key Bank Tower
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City