Intermountain Healthcare Food Service Specialist in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Under general supervision, the Food Service Specialist performs a variety of food service duties.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Obtains food and/or supplies from storeroom.
- 2. Delivers and presents trays to patients using patient identifier process.
- 3. Stocks and cleans.
- 4. Independently resolves customer service issues.
- 5. Performs accurate cash/credit transactions according to corporate standards.
- 6. Balances and reconciles drawer.
- 7. Knows menu, portion, and price prior to meal service to provide appropriate service to customers, including answering questions and serving food.
- 8. Sets up and services catered functions according to requested level and scope of service.
- 9. Performs food preparation functions (following standard recipe, assembling ingredients), for example, prepares salads, sandwiches, vegetables, and fruit.
- 10. Understands modified diets and prepares modified recipes using appropriate techniques.
- 11. Maintains an organized and sanitary working environment.
- 12. Maintains proper quantities of production with appropriate rotation of product.
- 13. Performs housekeeping functions including cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, floor care, and equipment (oven, fryer, hoods).
- 14. Follows HACCP standards.
- Entry Rate: $11.65 + depending on experience.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Part-time, variable shifts
- Department: Food Services
- Additional Details: Part-time position located at LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City, UT. This position is benefits eligible.
Please watch this Video related to Nutritional Services here: Click on the link or copy and paste into address bar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVTcCYBPsBo
- Food Handler's Permit (as required by the County).
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle problems and difficult situations.
- Demonstrated basic math skills.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator, and tolerate exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- One year of food service or cashier experience.
- Hospital food service experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location LDS Hospital
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City