Intermountain Healthcare Food Service Coordinator in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
This position coordinates food service staff, food production, and daily operations for the assigned area.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Participates in orienting, training, scheduling, and leading employees as appropriate.
- 2. Coordinates and maintains workflow of assigned area.
- 3. Ensures a quality food service operation, including production and customer service.
- 4. Orders food and supplies. Maintains an appropriate inventory.
- 5. Ensures that department standards for quality, sanitation, and safety are met.
- 6. Completes required reports and documentation.
- 7. Coordinates resources (supplies, man hours).
- 8. Participates in quality monitoring activities.
- Entry Rate: $12.17 + depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time (40 hrs/wk) Variable Shifts, including rotating weekends and assigned holidays.
- Department: Food Services
- Additional Details: This position is located at LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City, UT
- Food Handler's Permit as required by county
- Two years related food service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to ead, write, and communicate effectively.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator.
- Previous Healthcare / Hospital Food Service experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location LDS Hospital
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City