Intermountain Healthcare Floor Care Specialist in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Floor Care Specialist performs floor care tasks according to detailed instruction and to maintain the facility in a sanitary, safe, clean, and attractive environment to meet hospital and Joint Commission standards. This position performs floor care duties at off-site buildings and general housekeeping duties as assigned.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides maintenance to hard surface floors by stripping, buffing, burnishing, scrubbing, and re-finishing according to procedure.
- Provides maintenance to carpeted floors by vacuuming, bonnet buffing, shampooing, extracting, and performing spot removal.
- Uses cleaning and floor chemicals properly according to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- Understands procedures and properly disposes of infectious waste and trash.
- Handles and cleans up emergency spills per department guidelines as well as to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- Operates and maintains assigned equipment according to established procedures.
- Handles equipment maintenance needs including reporting problems with equipment and facility timely and appropriately.
- Performs general Housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Entry Rate: $13.70
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time
- Department: Environmental Services
- Additional Details: List any other position Details desired
- Communication skills including reading color coded labels and chemicals as well as following written and verbal directions.
- Experience working without direct supervision.
- Carrying, Climbing, Crawling, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking.
- Professional housekeeping experience.
- Professional experience in carpet cleaning and hard surface floor care.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Riverton Hospital
Expertise Guest Services / Housekeeping
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City