Intermountain Healthcare Financial Analyst-Senior (Clinical Services - IMED) in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This senior level position provides analysis and reports related to the budgeting, strategic planning, activity based costing, variance, patient account and operations data, and ad-hoc analysis processes, which are used to ensure sound financial operations. Acting as a resource to others, this level provides decision support to management and performs analysis on complex projects or programs. This position provides subject matter expertise to ensure sound financial operations.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Performs specifically defined tasks related to several routine and non-routine or complex functions (e.g. operating budget, capital budget, strategic planning, patient accounts, and operations). Accountable for timely and accurate completion of assigned tasks.
- 2. Provides expertise with financial systems such as Hyperion, Strata, Charge Master, Contracting, Costing, EDW, ERP, patient access and operations, etc. to perform duties.
- 3. Coordinates the preparation and review of financial analysis, variance reports, and ad hoc reports. Collects data from various Intermountain Healthcare data sources. Coordinates with others in gathering information, scheduling processes, and communicating issues.
- 4. Prepares financial analysis, variance reports, and ad hoc reports at times to address highly complex issues. Works with internal customers to develop and prepare quantitative reports in using data sources to analyze clinical and operational issues.
- 5. Performs tasks requiring complex and more in-depth analysis to identify financial trends and economic and business forecasts of reporting outcomes and variances under limited supervisory direction.
- 6. May coordinate and oversee data input or entry activities using knowledge of database structure and reporting capabilities.
- 7. May perform intermediate to expert-level programming including designing, developing, and testing queries, programs, and automation procedures for collecting and reporting data using knowledge of spreadsheets and database software programs.
- 8. May create and maintain databases, using knowledge of database software, for collection and tracking of data as it relates to performance measurement.
- 9. Acts as a technical expert and resource for others on financial systems and processes. May act as a problem solver and mentor for others.
- 10. May be responsible for the training, direction, and review of those working within functions. May perform lead on some duties.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time, exempt
- Department: Clinical Services
- Office location: Intermountain Medical Center - Murray / Salt Lake City, Utah
Minimum Requirements (Senior)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business with four years of professional experience conducting and evaluating routine financial analysis,or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business with two years of experience conducting and evaluating routine financial analysis. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Experience in a role with budgeting and finance tracking responsibilities.
- Experience in a role requiring effective project management skills, a high degree of accuracy, and sound decision making with limited supervision.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail, and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Master's degree in Accounting or Business Administration. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Knowledge of Intermountain Healthcare finances and financial processes
- Six years of experience conducting and evaluating routine financial analysis.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City