Intermountain Healthcare Executive Asst-Sr - Central Offices in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
This position reports to executive and top administrative employees, such as a CEO, Vice President, Facility / Hospital Administrator, or Chief Administrative Officer and provides and oversees a full range of clerical and specialized administrative functions. Assignments involve work of a confidential or complex nature, necessitating exposure to sensitive information and contacts requiring considerable discretion, judgment, tact, and diplomacy as well as a practical knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, general company policies and programs.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Performs a full range of clerical functions, relieving, and assisting the executive of complex details and advanced administrative duties. Makes interpretations and recommendations. May develop appropriate methods to handle information.
- 2. Greets a variety of customers at all levels of the organization and community, receives and screens incoming calls, answers routine inquiries, and routes calls to appropriate individual in a courteous and efficient manner.
- 3. Distributes, educates, and explains processes and paperwork to customers. Responds to requests for information and appropriately releases information based on policy, ensuring customer requests and work assignments are prioritized and completed correctly and efficiently.
- 4. Collects information, compiles data from multiple sources at all organizational levels, searches and investigates information, and makes and checks routine calculations for specified forms, report formats, presentations, or other documents requiring specific knowledge of functional operations. Plans the layout of complex reports, proposals, and presentations. Proof-reads and completes documents, checking for accuracy. Coordinates collection and preparation of operating reports.
- 5. Executes special or continuous research and data analysis. Analyzes problems, determines approach, compiles and analyzes data, and prepares reports / recommendations for action by executive. Enters data and manages information in a database. Maintains complex files and records. Maintains and updates department resources and tools such as employee lists, referral lists, phone lists, organizational charts, or other department information.
- 6. May assist in financial or budget information or preparation. Prepares analyses of information or data.
- 7. Takes dictation and transcribes notes for letters, memos, and reports. Types materials in final form from very rough or involved drafts which may utilize frequent use of technical terminology and statistical data.
- 8. Summarizes contents of incoming materials requiring knowledge of technical matters. Reviews and answers mail and inquiries on own initiative, and determines within established guidelines if executive action is required. Prepares, sends, sorts, and distributes mail.
- 9. Utilizes and provides basic maintenance for all office equipment including computers, scanners, phones, fax machines, printers, and copiers. Ensures the office equipment and facility / work area is in proper working condition. Contacts the appropriate service provider (i.e. housekeeping, computer support, or office equipment vendor) to resolve any issues that arise. Coordinates regular maintenance as needed.
- 10. Prioritizes and manages leaders' calendars to ensure business objectives are met. Schedules and confirms appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements. Uses judgment in matters affecting supervisor's calendar. Coordinates activities between departments and outside parties.
- 11. Provides support for meetings including preparing agendas, reserving rooms, sending appointments, coordinating catering, recording and distributing minutes. Sets up and trouble shoots phone, video, and web conferencing effectively.
- 12. Orders, stocks, monitors, and maintains adequate office and other supply inventory levels.
- 13. Independently investigates assigned problems, determining method of research, data, and information requirements as well as analysis techniques.
- 14. Tactfully handles difficult situations with staff and customers while remaining positive and professional. When needed, escalates issues to the appropriate staff member.
- 15. May provide medical transcription for clinical staff. Transcribes medical reports.
- 16. May act as a timekeeper and ensures timely and accurate submission of payroll information.
- 17. May complete accounts payable, billing, and purchasing processes according to policy.
- 18. May screen and interview job applicants, and orient new employees. May provide work leadership for other support staff members.
- 19. May serve as administrative liaison with others within and outside the company regarding administrative issues related to operations. Advises others on policies or issues, using judgment and discretion.
- 20. May have contact with firms, organizations, or individuals from outside the company for coordination purposes.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time, M-F position
- Department: VP Clinical Services, Central Offices, Salt Lake City
- Five years of experience using advanced computer skills. Examples are complex formatting, mail merge, formulas, creating charts and graphs, data manipulation, creating and running reports, creating presentations, and using multimedia content. Expert computer user with experience trouble shooting and teaching others.
- Five years of experience in an office setting or working in a clerical position with customer service, keyboarding, and data entry responsibilities.
- Three years of experience with leadership responsibilities. Examples include providing training to others on their job duties, coordinating the work of others, coordinating projects, acting as a team lead, and directly supervising others.
- Five years of experience supporting senior leadership or high-level directors or multiple managers.
- Demonstrated interpersonal verbal and written communication skills including being proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and other English language skills.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in a healthcare setting
- Medical terminology experience
- Experience with medical transcription
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Central Offices
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City