Intermountain Healthcare Distribution Spec I in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
This position is responsible for the materials handling related to stores and distribution and the inventorying of supply areas to ensure that the correct medical products, linen and equipment (supplies) are delivered in a timely and effective manner.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Performs inventory control on stock and non-stock items. Sets par levels, identifies and adjusts to trends for assigned units. Keeps supplies binned and organized. Acts as liaison with Materials Management.
- 2. Accountable for all the ordering and delivering of supplies for nursing units within the hospital, using laptop computer / PDA, on-line ordering, or requisition. Collects proper signatures on all required documentation.
- 3. Processes all applicable documents (freight bill, bill of lading, packing slips, and any other document relevant to receiving or shipping) according to Intermountain policy and procedure to ensure prompt and correct computer input and filling.
- 4. Communicates information concerning supply levels, new products, standardization and implementation to the relevant department staff. Trouble shoots issues for problem resolution.
- 5. Restocks supplies in identified storage locations. Must consider shelf life (product rotation), the configuration and maintenance of par cart areas. Storage of supplies must meet within healthcare requirements. Ensures that all temperature sensitive products are stored appropriately and delivered according to manufacturer / facility policy. Access to all inventory areas to maintain and complete daily replenishment and inventory duties. Must comply with the established storage and control requirements in the facility for USP labeled products.
- 6. Monitors quantity on hand issues reconciling and solving the discrepancies.
- 7. Coordinates the Materials Management Information System (MMIS) ensuring that distribution, inventory, receiving and departmental files and reports are generated and retained in accordance with Auditing, Accounting, and other regulatory agencies.
- 8. Measures and assesses MMIS processes for assigned department and/or facility for compliance to policy and standard operating procedures.
- 9. Researches and resolves MMIS related problems for assigned facilities and teams and coordinates with Central Supply Chain IT team as needed
- 10. Reviews MMIS day-end and month-end reports for assigned locations.
- 11. Assists with annual and cycle count inventory process of storeroom. May also assist with storeroom security.
- 12. Understands and applies appropriate procedures/instructions and stays consistent with standardized processes.
- Entry Rate: $13.06
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time; Monday-Friday 8AM-430PM
- Department: Materials Management, Homecare, South Jordan, UT
- At least 18 years of age.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills to include understanding and speaking English clearly, following verbal and written instructions, and understanding customer communications.
- Experience using basic word processing, spreadsheet, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a role requiring strong attention to detail, accuracy and dependability.
- Demonstrated ability to visually inspect boxes, packing slips, computed reports and like objects.
- Demonstrated ability to use a pallet jack and other materials handling equipment, e.g. hand truck, carts, etc.
- Some roles may require a current food handler's permit.
- Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity, climbing, lifting, walking, standing, pulling/pushing, carrying
- Experience in a role working with healthcare supplies.
- One year of healthcare related distribution experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Salt Lake City Homecare
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City