Intermountain Healthcare Cook in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
Under minimal supervision, follows recipes and prepares and cooks food.
COOKS, healthcare has changed! At Intermountain Medical center in Murray, we don’t serve hospital food, we serve world class cuisine! Entry pay starts at $12.17 per hour, but with your professional experience, you can earn much more. We offer flexible schedules and awesome benefits! Want to become a Certified Chef? Intermountain Healthcare offers education assistance for those who qualify
Essential Job Duties
- Appropriately utilizes commercial cooking equipment.
- Performs quantity food production..
- Prepares display cooking.
- Uses standardized recipes.
- Prepares room service food to order.
- Understands modified diets and prepares modified recipes using appropriate techniques.
- Follows HACCP standards
- Maintains an organized and sanitary working environment.
- Maintains proper quantities of production with appropriate rotation of product.
- Prepare salads, sandwiches, vegetables, and fruit.
- Follows simple recipes and/or instructions in the preparation of food items.
- Operates retail grill and fryer.
- Entry Rate : $12.17 + depending on experience.
- Benefits Eligible : Yes
- Shift Details : Full-time
- Department: Food Services
- Location : Murray, UT
- One year experience in quantity food production.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrated basic math skills.
- Food Handlers Permit
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator.
- Hospital food service experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City