Intermountain Healthcare Continuing Education Partner in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position oversees and coordinates the planning, budgeting, organization, implementation and evaluation of interprofessional continuing education activities; acts as a project coordinator with a high degree of autonomy for a portfolio of continuing education activities directed at physicians and other healthcare professionals. This involves setting up continuing medical education programs for the Intermountain Healthcare system, other hospitals and groups throughout the Intermountain West and the development of conferences and other activities, which may have local, regional, or national audiences.
Essential Job Duties
- Develops interprofessional continuing education programs with strict adherence to the accreditation criteria, using knowledge of ACCME, ANCC, ACPE, as well as other accrediting standards in order to maintain accreditation and provide direction to interprofessional course directors and course planning committees.
- Participates in strategic planning meetings in conjunction with Intermountain Healthcare departments and committees, using knowledge of budget and educational designs to facilitate development of cost effective educational programs
- Responsible for all activities of events within specified continuing educational activity portfolio. This includes preparation (through participation in planning, application completion, program coordination, budget development, faculty coordination and travel arrangements, etc) and on-site management of operational conference tasks. Some of these duties may be delegated but the Continuing Education Partner retains overall responsibility.
- As applicable to the educational activity, pursues grant and exhibit requests to major pharmaceutical and medical device companies to defray costs associated with continuing education activities in accordance with policies. Develops and maintains positive relationships with commercial support entities and representatives to secure educational grants in accordance with the applicable acceditation Standards for Commercial Support and Intermountain Healthcare policies.
- May evaluate accredited education activities and assist Director in making notices of commendation or recommendations for improvement.
- May assist with the creation and implementation of program related policies, procedures, processes and program documentation.
- May attend professional educational and developmental meetings relating to accreditation and grant writing.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: M-F, days
- Department: Continuing Medical Education
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree with two years of recent full time employment in a related job. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Two years of work experience with responsibility for developing, coordinating, and implementing large-scale events, programs, or activities.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail applications.
- Ability to travel in order to attend conferences, sometimes working long hours and some weekends.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Ability to safely carry boxes up to 20 lbs, load and unload conference materials form carts and vehicles.
- Bachelor's Degree in an education or healthcare field. Education must be obtained through an accredited institution. Degree is verified.
- Experience working in healthcare education.
- Experience working with continuing medical education, UNA experience, and knowledge of ACCME accreditation standards.
- Typing skills of 65 wpm.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Central Offices
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City