Intermountain Healthcare Behavioral Health Specialist- Wasatch Canyons Camps in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Behavioral Health Specialist provides efficient and therapeutically effective care of the assigned specialty age group, through a coordinated, multi-disciplinary treatment team program. Incumbents plan and teach educational activities that promote quality care and support treatment goals and are responsible for orienting, educating, and assisting patients in the process of their stabilization.
Essential Job Duties
Leads or co-leads educational groups including goal setting groups, family education groups, reflections groups, and skills groups.
Interviews patients within a collaborative-therapeutic framework and is competent to create therapeutic personal experiences with patients to enhance the generalization of their coping skills throughout the day and across environments.
Plans and teaches various skill building groups and activities to achieve treatment goals.
Communicates pertinent patient information in shift report and to the treatment team using effective communication and organization skills to ensure consistent care among staff.
Implements individual patient programs using knowledge of behavioral interventions (e.g.,level system, time out, seclusion) and specialized programs to provide consistent patient care.
Completes timely and accurate documentation on all patient care forms.Recognizes critical situations and identifies options to manage crisis using sound judgment and problem solving skills to prevent escalation of the situation or injury to client or staff.
Educates patients and families on treatment issues and behavioral interventions using knowledge of behavioral health treatment and program to ensure patients and family receive all pertinent information to improve outcomes.
- Entry Rate: $14.77 or more, depending on experience.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Part-time, 24 hours/week. Days and evenings. Every other weekend required. 6am-6:30pm, 6am-2:30pm, 2pm-10:30pm.
- Department: Psychiatry, Wasatch Canyons Camp
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Pediatric based Behavioral Health Specialists at Primary Children's are required to possess a Food Handlers Permit.
- Two years post high school education in social work, psychology, sociology, family studies, or a health sciences field.or Two years of experience working as a CNA or EMT.or Bachelor's Degree with six months of experience working with psychiatric or chemically dependent patients. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.or Two years of experience working with psychiatric or chemically dependent patients.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or family studies. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Six months of experience working with psychiatric or chemically dependent patients.
- Six months ofs experience working in a pediatric behavioral healthcare setting.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location Wasatch Canyons Camp
Expertise Family Services / Mental Health
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City