Intermountain Healthcare Social Work Care Manager in Riverton, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Hospital Care Management team at Alta View Hospital is hiring for a Licensed Clinical or Certified Social Worker. This is a float position that will also require the caregiver to work shifts at American Fork, Orem Community, Riverton, Layton and LDS Hospitals; with the potential to work some shifts at other hospitals.
- Social Work Care Manager (LCSW): The Social Work Care Manager utilizes clinical expertise to care manage psychosocial and transition or discharge planning needs. The incumbent performs screening, assessment, and risk stratification to develop and implement a shared plan of care or treatment plan that provides extraordinary care for the patient while being sensitive to costs and resources. This position works collaboratively with patients, family caregiver(s), healthcare providers, insurers, community resources, and other involved parties.
- Certified Social Worker : Utilize clinical expertise to perform psychosocial assessment and develop/ implement a plan of care/treatment plan that provides extraordinary care for the patient while being sensitive to costs and resources. Work collaboratively with patients, patients' family/significant other, healthcare providers, insurers, community resources, and other involved parties to identify patients' needs, broker services, coordinate care and transition plans, and advocate for patients. The CSW will perform these duties under the direct supervision of an LCSW.
- Entry Rate: Commensurate with experience.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details:24 hours/week.
- Department: Hospital Care Management
- Additional Details:This is a part-time position with benefits eligibility. The employee will have an opportunity to work in an acute care setting at various hospitals along the Wasatch Front. There are opportunities to work up to 40 hours on some weeks and to work less than 24 hours per week on other weeks. Shifts are typically 8:30 am to 5:00 pm but may vary or change and include weekdays and weekends. Working at least two holidays per year may be required and most holiday shifts pay time-and-a-half. CSWs and LCSWs are welcome to apply.
- Master's Degree in Social Work. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Current State Licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Certified Social Worker (CSW).
- Computer skills (email, word processing, and spreadsheets).
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Walking, Standing.
- Experience working with in a healthcare setting.
- Case management experience.
- Current case management certification.
Essential Job Duties
- Organizes and prioritizes daily work by screening, assessing, and risk stratifying patient needs in area(s) of responsibility.
- Assesses the patient's medical, mental health, psychosocial, resource utilization, and transition or discharge planning needs.
- May diagnose and treat various mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders.
- Identifies problems and contributes to the development and modification of the patient's interdisciplinary plan of care to address changes in the patient's status and needs.
- Provides supportive, crises, and other social work interventions as necessary.
- Mediates and brokers between patients, families, and the interdisciplinary team.
- Actively supports patients with new diagnoses, life altering conditions, bereavement, and trauma support needs.
- Coordinates and collaborates with external agencies (i.e. DCFS, APS, law enforcement) when abuse, neglect, or exploitation is suspected or confirmed.
- May provide therapeutic modalities appropriate to the level of care.
- When assigned as the primary care manager, coordinates and communicates with the patient and family caregivers, acute care providers and the interdisciplinary team, post-hospital providers, payers, and external agencies (i.e. home care, skilled nursing facilities, long term acute care hospitals, community-based providers, mental health authorities, adoption agencies), as needed, to facilitate an effective transition or discharge plan and services to the appropriate level of care.
- May provide support and debriefing, in conjunction with the Employee Assistance Program, for staff members following adverse events.
- Provides support and education to address advance care planning needs (i.e. advance directives, palliative care, other) for patients, families, and staff members.
- May supervise students following guidelines and requirements established by their university and DOPL to provide an appropriate learning experience.
- Maintains an active role in payment denial prevention. Proactively intervenes with payers to prevent payment denials. Provides clinical expertise, as requested, to facilitate the appeals process.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation in the medical record using knowledge of documentation standards for the department to facilitate communication with team members. Documentation is done in compliance with clinical guidelines, contractual, regulatory, legal, and/or billing requirements.
- Ensures that productivity standards and expectations are met. May be credentialing through medical staff office and peer review requirements may apply if working in the behavioral health setting.
- Complies with federal, state, local, and clinical program and facility standards.
- Acts within the scope of the Mental Health Practice Act.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location LDS Hospital, Orem Community Hosp, American Fork Hosp, Layton Hospital, Riverton Hospital, Alta View Hospital
Expertise Family Services / Mental Health
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Provo, US-UT-Riverton, US-UT-Layton, US-UT-American Fork, US-UT-Sandy, US-UT-Salt Lake City, US-UT-Orem