Intermountain Healthcare Polysomnographic Technologist in Riverton, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The PSG Technician is accountable for performing physiologic studies of sleep and sleep related disorders under the supervision of a staff member who is a PSG Tech II or greater. This technician student provides care to patients via technology, therapeutic intervention, and coordination of care with other health care professionals.
Essential Job Duties
- Monitors and charts on patients undergoing physiologic studies.
- Monitors and tracks equipment and supplies.
- Completes record keeping and charting.
- Entry Rate: $18.78+ depending on experience.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time, 36 hrs/wk. Night shift 7p-7am.
- Department: Sleep Lab
- BLS Certification for Healthcare Providers.
- Available to work the night shift with demonstrated ability to do so.
- Demonstrated ability to address and solve both technical and interpersonal problems.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use computerized and mechanical equipment.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Clinical or patient care experience.
- Anatomy courses.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 36
Primary Work Location Riverton Hospital
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time