Intermountain Healthcare Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) - Riverton Hospital in Riverton, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
Under the direct supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist, the Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant is responsible for providing therapeutic patient care services including consulting and training the patient and their caregivers.
Patient-centered and conveniently located, the Riverton Hospital campus includes a full-service hospital and medical office building. We provide state-of-the-art equipment, a healing environment, stunning views of either the Wasatch or Oquirrh mountain ranges, and skilled caregivers who offer great clinical expertise with a spirit of compassion. Our commitment is to offer you outstanding healthcare services, and to provide our patients with a healing experience.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists supervising therapist with rendering rehabilitative treatment according to the established plan of care with appropriate duration and intensity. Monitor patient activities and document their progress.
- Educates and trains patients and their caregivers.
- Accepts assignments from Director and/or Team Lead including case load, productivity standard, education and in-servicing others, orienting and training new employees, supervising and training students.
- Actively participates in the quality improvement process for the team and the clinical setting and then follows through with the improvements.
- Communicates through written chart notes, evaluations, progress reports and discharge summaries regarding patient's status, any complications, prognosis and plans for follow-up care.
- Records daily charges and submits for payment according to department's billing guidelines.
- Participates in regularly scheduled or special clinical meetings related to patient care and clinic operations.
- Entry Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN.Shifts will be worked on an as-needed basis with no guaranteed hours. Hours may vary from 0 to 40 each week dependent upon the needs of the department. This COTA must be willing to work some weekend shifts.
- Department: Riverton Hospital Rehabilitation
- Additional Details: If interested, this COTA could potentially work additional shifts at Alta View Hospital and American Fork Hospital.
- Associate's degree from an accredited Occupational Therapist Assistant program (degree will be verified).
- Current license in the State of practice.
- A certified Occupational Therapist Assistant through the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, and walking.
- Clinical experience in a hospital setting working with adult patients.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Riverton Hospital
Job Type On-Call / PRN