Intermountain Healthcare MRI Tech- PRN- Riverton Hospital in Riverton, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The MRI Tech is responsible for performing medical imaging examinations under the direction of a physician to assist in the medical diagnosis or treatment of illness or injury.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures proper patient identification, order verification, and prepares the patient for the exam.
- Performs MRI examinations per department protocol.
- Understands cross sectional anatomy and demonstrates anatomical positioning competency.
- Critiques own films.
- Completes studies within acceptable time limitations without compromising patient care or the quality of the examination.
- In coordination with the radiologist, selects proper scanning techniques and protocols.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of protocol relating to contrast administration. As ordered by the physician and under radiologist or physician supervision administers intravenous contrast material to patients.
- Practices appropriate infection control and sterile techniques.
- Understands and operates all MRI equipment and related information systems appropriately to ensure that quality images are produced. Exhibits understanding and proficiency with electronic imaging.
- Incumbent views, transfers, archives, and manipulates images.
- Exhibits a working knowledge of the MRI scanner. Troubleshoots when needed and understands the shutdown and start up procedures.
- Exhibits a working knowledge of the magnet, cryogens, gradient amplifiers, and all relevant computer hardware and software.
- Understands the Quench procedure and when it should be performed.
- Adheres to and understands the MRI safety policy and the FOUR ZONE concept.
- Understands proper MR magnet safety in an event of an emergency.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation including time stamps and image storage.
- Follows appropriate protocol for medical necessity, coding and charging, obtaining consents if necessary, documenting any events that may occur for quality, maintaining a current QC program for ACR and reporting any equipment failures or problems.
- Entry Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: This position is PRN or as needed, no guaranteed hours. Position will require 1 night per week of overnight call (8:00pm-630am) and one weekend of call (Saturday and Sunday) every 5th week.
- Department: Riverton Hospital
- ARRT or ARMRIT registered technologist.
- Current Utah State Licensure in order to administer RX.
- Basic life support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
- One year of experience in MRI.
- Post-hire expectation: Meets departmental IV certification competency within three months of hire.
- Post-hire expectation: (Where applicable) Must complete the controlled substance module within six months of hire.
- Post-hire expectation: (Where applicable) Must complete the initial moderate sedation module within six months of hire.
- Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Standing.
- MR registered by ARRT.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Riverton Hospital
Job Type On-Call / PRN