Intermountain Healthcare Mammography Technologist- Part Time- Riverton Hospital in Riverton, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Mammography Technologist performs radiographic mammography procedures which produce high quality diagnostic films for use in the detection of breast tissue abnormalities. This position works on a level not requiring constant supervision and performs a variety of procedures that require independent judgment, creativity, and initiative.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures proper patient identification, order verification, and prepares the patient for the exam.
- Performs radiologic mammography exams per department protocol including advanced Mammography procedures like stereotactic biopsies, clip placements, drainages, etc.
- Demonstrates positioning competency.
- Knowledgeable regarding breast self-examinations via answering questions and providing written materials to patients.
- Operates the mammographic equipment to ensure that diagnostic images of high quality are produced.
- Appropriately uses equipment, maneuvers the unit, and selects techniques to produce diagnostic images.
- Appropriately uses radiation protection to ensure the safety of patients and staff and meets all ALARA program requirements.
- Keeps current on new procedures and equipment so skills remain at a high level.
- Maintain records required by JCAHO and the Utah State Bureau of Radiation Control.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
- Entry Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: This position is Part Time working 24 hours per week, variable shifts.
- Department: Riverton Hospital- Mammography
- Additional Details: Must be willing to rotate at Intermountain Medical Center, LDS, Riverton, and Alta View Hospitals.
- ARRT registration.
- Current Rad Tech license in the State of Utah.
- Must meet and maintain mammography specific ACR & FDA/MQSA requirements.
- Must meet and maintain the ARRT Advanced Mammography Certification.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking.
- Experience in Imaging or Mammography.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location Riverton Hospital
Job Type Part Time