Intermountain Healthcare Emergency Preparation Coordinator in Riverton, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
Works under the emergency management area manager to ensure that the assigned hospitals are prepared for internal or external emergencies or disasters. Provides training and education to staff on emergency response plans, processes and procedures. Works with Emergency Management staff to ensure compliance with applicable standards and regulations as established by Joint Commission and Center of Medicare/Medicaid Services.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists the emergency management area manager in updating assigned facility's emergency preparedness plans and implementing emergency responses as appropriate.
- Coordinates and leads the hospital Emergency Management Drill Training and Exercise Team.
- Develops and executes symposiums, table-top exercises, drills and full-scale exercises as assigned for the assigned hospitals.
- May direct and oversee the hospital decontamination program, including but not limited to: OSHA First Receiver Operations level training, annual update of decontamination plan, periodic drills, inventory management, and response.
- May represent assigned hospitals on various corporate, public and private emergency management committees.
- Acts as a consultant to individual departments to develop and maintain specific departmental emergency response plans.
- Participates in The Joint Commission and CMS surveys involving emergency preparedness.
- Performs community outreach related to emergency preparedness for vulnerable populations in disasters.
- On-call duty for emergent response to the needs of the assigned facilities.
- Entry Rate: $26.60 and up, commmensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes. For more information about our exceptional benefits, please visit https://intermountainhealthcare.org/careers/employee-benefits/
- Department: Safety Management, Riverton Hospital
- Additional Details: This position will serve the same functions at both Riverton and Alta View Hospitals, splitting time with each facility. Some travel between facilities will be required.
- Five years of combined experience in emergency management and healthcare operations.
- Basic knowledge of The Joint Commission standards and CMS regulations.
- Experience or familiarity with hospital decontamination operations, community resources, and emergency operations.
- Experience with planning, project management, program development, program implementation, and professional presentations.
- Demonstrated solid understanding of Incident Command System, emergency planning, CBRNE training, prevention, preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery in regard to emergency planning.
- Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, seeing, speaking, standing, walking.
- Bachelor's degree in Emergency Management, Public Safety, or related field.
- Healthcare Emergency Management Degree preferred.
- Hospital experience in clinical operations, clinical support, and/or facility operations.
- Operational deployment or response to actual or simulated disasters/mass casualty incidents.
- Basic understanding of grant writing, execution, and budget management.
- FEMA Coursework (IS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800b).
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Riverton Hospital
Expertise Research / Specialty Services / Education
Job Type Full Time