Intermountain Healthcare Telecom Engineering Technician - Associate - Utah Valley in Provo, Utah
Greater Provo area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Telecom Engineering Technician - Associate supports and maintains all in-house voice systems and end user needs. This includes configuring and optimizing all telephone systems and services, voicemail and PBX (VoIP & TDM) communication systems. Basic familiarity and minimal experience with telecommunications or technology. Works on small, defined elements of large projects. Incumbent's ability encompasses a subset of the total knowledge required within the communications specialty area, and incumbent is in process of developing remaining skills. Requires additional support and/or training to become fully proficient. Work normally overseen by higher level technical contributors.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Primary responsibility is focused on daily Moves Adds & Changes (MAC) for telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response, and video conferencing systems.
- 2. Assists with the installation and support of telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response, and video conferencing systems.
- 3. Configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots end user telecommunications hardware, telephony devices, and voice / data hardware products.
- 4. Receives, prioritizes, and responds to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding equipment and/or connectivity problems.
- 5. Assists with inspection, testing, and maintaining of telephone lines, circuits, trunks, and associated wiring and cabling.
- 6. Where necessary, liaise with equipment vendors during installations, acquisition negotiations, and hardware performance issues.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: M-F, 8am-5pm, possible overtime and/or On-Call as needed
- Department: Utah Valley
- Associates degree in a computer science or telecommunications related field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.or Two years technical experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current telecommunications practices, protocols, and principles.
- Hands-on experience designing, installing, and troubleshooting cabling and wiring systems.
- Demonstrated ability to operate tools, components, peripherals, and testing accessories.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Adept at reading and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, and identify volume, tone, and quality of telecom signals.
- Support the weight of IT equipment while transporting it. Push or pull portable equipment, including heavy items.
- Ascend and descend stairs or ladders to service IT equipment needs.
- Move around on hands and knees. Lower body by bending at the hips and the knees or to place body weight on one or both knees
- Raise or lower an object from one level to another.
- Operate IT equipment, tools, and computers requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Transport oneself from place to place.
- Associate's degree in a computer science or telecommunications related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to conduct research into telecommunications issues and products.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience working with telecommunications systems, carriers, and vendors.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Utah Valley Hospital
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full Time