Intermountain Healthcare Phlebotomist I - Utah Valley Hospital - PRN in Provo, Utah
Greater Provo area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Phlebotomist I is responsible to collect patient specimens for medical diagnostic testing.
Essential Job Duties
1. Performs sample collection that may include:
a. Venipuncture (Evacuated systems, Syringe, Winged Collection sets)
- b. Capillary Puncture (Finger, Heel)
- c. Blood Culture Collections
- d. Throat and/or Nasal Swabs
- 2. Properly identifies patients and correctly labels samples.
- 3. Appropriately instructs patients and family members on sample collections.
- 4. Identifies opportunities for continuous process improvement and executes project conception, data collection and implementation.
- 5. May perform moderately complex testing or administer Skin Test (TB).
- 6. Performs basic phlebotomy computer functions effectively and appropriately for assigned responsibilities.
- 7. Responsible for pickup and delivery of specimens throughout the facility.
- 8. May be responsible for patient registration.
- 9. May prepare and process samples for testing (including aliquoting, centrifugation, tracking).
- 10. May provide appropriate training to new staff.
- 11. May help maintain supply room inventory, notifying supervisor when supplies are low.
- Entry Rate: $13.68
- PRN - No guaranteed hours/shifts. Varying shifts that include: Saturdays and Sundays 0400-0800, Friday 0300-1130, other 8 hour shifts as needed days and afternoons.
- Not Benefits Eligible
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- High School diploma or GED in compliance with CLIA regulations.
- Ability to work in a team environment under stressful situations.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Basic computer skills.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts that may include weekends, holidays and nights.
- Interact with patients, patients' family, patient care providers, and others requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate computers and complex and delicate lab equipment with precision and accuracy requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read lab equipment, labels, monitors, and documents.
- Walk while transporting phlebotomy equipment cart.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Adjust body, including bending, to perform phlebotomy work.
- Six months of phlebotomy experience OR Phlebotomy training as approved by Manager/Supervisor.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Utah Valley Hospital
Job Type On-Call / PRN