Intermountain Healthcare Social Worker in Ogden, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
McKay-Dee Hospital is hiring for a Licensed Clinical or Certified Social Worker to join our Psych Crisis team.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker : The Clinical Social Worker utilizes clinical expertise to perform psychosocial assessments, develop and implement plans of care appropriate care team, assess crisis situations to appropriately provide needed resources and or referrals for the patient, and to provide family and individual treatment as indicated. This position works collaboratively with patients, patient's significant other, families, healthcare providers, insurers, community resources, and all other involved parties.
- Certified Social Worker : Utilize clinical expertise to perform psychosocial assessment and develop/ implement a plan of care/treatment plan that provides extraordinary care for the patient while being sensitive to costs and resources. Work collaboratively with patients, patients' family/significant other, healthcare providers, insurers, community resources, and other involved parties to identify patients' needs, broker services, coordinate care and transition plans, and advocate for patients. The CSW will perform these duties under the direct supervision of an LCSW.
- Entry Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN. 12-hour shifts primarily on weekends.
- Department: Psych Crisis
- Master's Degree in Social Work. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Current State Licensure as Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Certified Social Worker (CSW).
- Computer Skills, i.e., email, word processing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Walking, Standing.
- Experience with patients, families, and treatment teams.
- Experience in a crisis setting.
Essential Job Duties
Licensed Clinical Social Worker:
- Assesses the patient's medical history, mental health history, and current presentation to understand the patient's needs from treatment.
- Diagnoses and treats various mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders.
- Develops a plan of care either individually or with input from the patient, patient family and significant others, physicians, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Modifies care plans to reflect changes in patient status.
- Refers patients to other services to improve their well-being. These referrals may include community services, treatment programs, support groups, psychiatrists, or other mental health providers.
- Properly documents pertinent information in regard to the patient's plan of care.
- Works with the multi-disciplinary team to develop a discharge plan in order to provide further care, services, and referrals in order to ensure continuity of care.
- Complies with federal, state, local, and clinical program/facility standards.
- Acts within the scope of the Mental Health Practice Act.
Certified Social Worker:
- Organize and prioritize daily work by assessing new, current, and discharging patient needs in area(s) of responsibility. Complete documentation as required.
- Perform social work consultation for patients and caregivers. Conduct psychosocial assessments. Under supervision of a licensed clinical social worker, provides supportive, crisis, bereavement and other social work interventions as necessary.
- Educate, communicate, and coordinate with multiple patient care teams and outside agencies as necessary to ensure the patient receives quality care, a timely discharge, and to identify and resolve delays and issues.
- Acts as an advocate on behalf of patients and families, where appropriate, to ensure effective communication with multidisciplinary care team, outside agencies and other resources as necessary.
- May provide psychotherapeutic modalities appropriate to the level of care under the supervision of a licensed clinical social worker.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation in the medical record using knowledge of documentation standards for the department to facilitate communication with team members. Documentation is done in compliance with all clinical guidelines and billing/reimbursement standards.
- May ensure that productivity standards and expectations are met.
- Credentialing through medical staff office and peer review requirements may apply if working in the behavioral health setting.
- May provide support and debriefing under the supervision of a licensed clinical social worker, in conjunction with the Employee Assistance Program, for staff members following adverse events.
- May identify patients at risk for potential avoidable delays, extended stay, readmission, financial or complex discharge needs. Coordinate with care providers and leaders to reach optimal solutions.
- Provide support and education to patients, families and staff members on Advance Directives.
- May maintain an active role in denial prevention. Proactively intervene with payers to prevent inpatient denials. Communicate any necessary information to payers to help appeal existing denials.
- May coordinate the discharge planning process from patient admission to departure. Screen for and assess patient needs, develop a discharge plan, and coordinate with internal and external services for care during and after the hospital stay.
- Works under identified licensed clinical social worker and actively participates in required supervision through scheduled meetings, consultations, and chart reviews as indicated.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location McKay-Dee Hospital
Expertise Family Services / Mental Health
Job Type On-Call / PRN