Intermountain Healthcare Security Officer in Ogden, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Security Officer provides a safe environment for patients, visitors, employees, and volunteers. This position is responsible to enforce policy, provide assistance and direction, respond to emergencies, and to provide protection for employees, visitors, and Intermountain property.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Performs routine rounds on the interior and exterior of the facility including parking areas.
- 2. Understands and enforces Intermountain Policies and Procedures and safety practices.
- 3. Responds promptly to dispatch calls and responds in a timely matter. Performs scene assessment, gathers relevant information, resolves conflict, and completes appropriate documentation.
- 4. Provides directions and information to patients, visitors, employees, and volunteers while in the facility or on rounds.
- 5. May complete environmental tours, lighting reports, alarm test, and fire drills.
- 6. May perform specialized duties including, but not limited to, assisting with helicopter and ground patient transport, assisting with psychiatric patients, valuables transports, key control, vehicle assistance, lock outs, necropsy assistance, and code response.
- Entry Rate: $16.49 + depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN/On-Call; as needed basis. No guaranteed hours. Shifts may range from 0 to 40 hours in any given week.
- Department: Safety and Security/Plant Operations
- Current Drivers License.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers or willing to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- At least 21 years of age
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Squatting / Kneeling, Standing, Walking
- Law Enforcement Officer Certification
- One year previous law enforcement, corrections, public safety, military police or security experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location McKay-Dee Hospital
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type On-Call / PRN