Intermountain Healthcare Environmental Services Tech in Ogden, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for performing general housekeeping tasks to maintain the facility and associated buildings in a sanitary, safe, and attractive condition and to meet hospital and Joint Commission standards.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Cleans and disinfects assigned areas using department cleaning procedures.
- 2. Uses cleaning chemicals properly according to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- 3. Understands procedures and properly disposes of infectious waste and trash.
- 4. Handles and cleans up emergency spills per department guidelines as well as to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- 5. Operates and maintains assigned equipment according to established procedures.
- 6. Maintains work and storage areas following established policy and procedures to ensure safety.
- 7. Uses supplies appropriately and effectively.
- 8. Reports problems with equipment and facility in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Entry Rate: $11.65 + based on experience.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Tuesday - Saturday (8:30am-5:00pm)
- Department: Full-time position located at McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden, UT
Intermountain Healthcare now uses a video interviewing program to help review and screen candidates. If you are moved onto the next steps of the application process, you may get an email or text with an invitation and instructions on how to complete your video interview. Please make sure to check your spam folder as sometimes these emails can get lost.
Please Watch this Video pertaining to housekeeping here: EVS Video or copy and paste into address bar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7elV7b6BukE
- Demonstrated communication skills to include reading color coded labels and chemicals as well as following written and verbal directions.
- Availability to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the department.
- Carrying, Lifting, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking
- Professional housekeeping experience
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location McKay-Dee Hospital
Expertise Guest Services / Housekeeping
Job Type Full Time