Intermountain Healthcare Central Processing Tech-Sr in Ogden, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
This position is responsible for ensuring that all surgical supplies, instruments, and equipment are properly inventoried, decontaminated, assembled, inspected, packaged, sterilized, stored, distributed and tracked in a quality and timely manner throughout the hospital. The incumbent performs these duties independently and without close supervision.
Essential Job Duties
- Disassembles, cleans, decontaminates, and disinfects surgical instruments.
- Assembles, protects, wraps, contains, peel packs, and labels surgical instruments.
- Sterilizes instruments and equipment.
- Pulls case carts.
- Cleans, troubleshoots, and correctly uses Central Processing (CP) equipment.
- Performs and records all biological and chemical sterilization tests.
- Issues and receives durable, moveable clinical equipment.
- Issues sterile supplies to using areas.
- Performs inventory duties as required.
- Verifies that all sterilization processes have been completed and met parameters before making equipment available for use.
- Helps train new CP Techs.
- Responsibles for functioning in multiple specialties as assigned.
- Serves as a subject matter expert over assigned areas.
- Supports surgical suites as a resource to surgical team.
- Coordinates and anticipates needs between CP & OR.
- Completes case cart in a timely manner.
- May have additional support responsibilities (e.g., inventory control and documentation, equipment management, QA of sterilization records, serve in multiple facilities, cross-trained to multiple software systems).
- Entry Rate: $15.95
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time; M-F 3PM-1130PM
- Department: Central Processing, Primary Children's Hosptial
- Current CP Certification from IAHCSM.
- One year of applicable work experience in Central Processing or Surgical Services.
- Demonstrated competency in advanced Central Processing processes.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, sterile indicator tags, colors, operate equipment, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with care providers that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting, accessing needed information, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer equipment. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, reach and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting, obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc.).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position with person protective equipment for an extended period of time.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location McKay-Dee Hospital
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time