Intermountain Healthcare Unit Paramedic- Hyperbaric Medicine- IMC in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Unit Paramedic works under the supervision and direction of the Advanced Practice Clinician, Physician, Registered Nurse, and manager to perform various patient care tasks and procedures. Care is delivered in the hyperbaric medicine department or on an inpatient unit. Paramedics working on the TOSH campus are also responsible to respond to campus emergent events.
Essential Job Duties
- Attends to patient care needs within Scope of Practice. May include respiratory and bedside care on the inpatient unit.
- Seeks assistance when appropriate and recognizes limitations when working in the hospital setting.
- Observes, documents and reports information regarding the patient's symptoms, condition, and needs for safety and comfort measures; identifies change in patient's condition.
- Sets up, documents, and maintains assigned equipments. Hyperbaric tasks would include chamber and associated treatment equipment. Inpatient unit would include but not limited to crash carts, refrigerator, and glucometers.
- Assists in educating patients and families as needed or assigned.
- Maintains skills necessary to provide safe clinical responsibilities.
- Supports and promotes patient and employee service initiatives.
- On the TOSH campus: Responds to campus emergent care including assessments, intubations, EKG placement and monitoring and running a rapid response, code blue and /or respiratory arrest. This would also include communication with emergency systems and preparation for transport.
- Entry Rate: $18.78 or more, depending on experience.
- Benefits Eligible:No
- Shift Details: PRN, on-call, 0-40 hours/week. Zero hours guaranteed.
- Department: Hyperbaric Medicine, Intermountain Medical Center
- Current Utah Paramedic Certificate.
- Current BLS (for heathcare providers)
- Current ACLS.
- Current PALS.
- Currently working as a Paramedic in the community ((less than 6 month hiatus).
- Must be able to provide 25 paramedic CMEs per year at annual evaluation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in advance life support skills including but not limited to: IV therapy, cardiac monitoring, advanced airway control and a variety of medication therapies.
- In hyperbaric med: Must pass pre-chamber history and physical, tolerate confinement and equalization of pressure.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Six months paramedic experience.
- Previous wound care experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type On-Call / PRN