Intermountain Healthcare Spanish Speaking Customer Service Rep (AR/Enrollment) - SelectHealth in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Multicultural AR/Enrollment Specialist is responsible for providing superior customer service to SelectHealth's Spanish Speaking members while independently completing Enrollment and Accounts Receivable functions including analyzing, researching, and problem solving. Has a general understanding of enrollment and billing processes and procedures; responsible to resolve customer phone inquiries. Responsible for completing daily reports as assigned.
Essential Job Duties
- Receives incoming calls from SelectHealth customers, both internal and external, and provides superior customer service for routine phone calls that is consistent with company values and quality standards
- Resolves customer's issues on the initial call or provides timely follow-up when additional research is required.
- Complies with established criteria for response time, handling time, availability, call flow, and production standards.
- Certifies knowledge by passing audits.
- Stays current on and has a full understanding of Enrollment / Billing policies and procedures to provide accurate and appropriate information.
- Moves through multiple complex computer systems with minimal supervision.
- Answers questions, takes payments, and educates members and groups regarding billing and payment processes.
- Makes routine outbound phone calls to notify members of delinquent accounts or changes in their rates.
- Helps members enroll in the online billing and payment system.
- Maintains the confidentiality of member's personal information to be compliant with internal confidentiality policy. Maintains customer history in member tracking by entering detailed comments.
- Answers questions about eligibility errors and works with appropriate resources to correct any errors. Conference calls with members and marketplaces to request corrections to enrollment. Maintains a basic understanding of CMS regulations.
- Processes different departmental routine reports as assigned.
- Verifies if customer meets requirements necessary to qualify for a reinstatement review or retro review and fills out required documentation to start the process.
- Researches routine issues or concerns and makes suggestions for operational improvements.
- Works closely with other departments to correct billing and enrollment errors.
- Entry Rate: $15.79 or more, depending on experience. Plus, eligibility for evening and weekend shift differentials (5% on top of base pay), 5% pay increase awarded when you pass your Spanish speaking certification, and eligibility for monthly bonuses.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time, 40 hours/week. Monday to Friday - 11:30am to 8:00pm.
- Department: SelectHealth - Murray, Utah
- One years of customer service experience, or Completion of two years college level accounting courses with a demonstrated understanding of accounting principles and practices. Education must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and the ability to resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Demonstrated abilities to be self-motivated and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with internal and external customers professionally while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Three years of customer service experience.
- Three years of Accounts Receivable or Enrollment experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location SelectHealth
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Salt Lake City