Intermountain Healthcare Physical Therapist - Outpatient, Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
This position is responsible for screening, testing, evaluating, diagnosing and treatment of injuries, diseases, and disabilities using physical therapy procedures and modalities in accordance with standard physical therapy practices. The Physical Therapist consults, educates, and trains patients and their caregivers. This Physical Therapist will provide care for adult patients in our outpatient clinic located at Intermountain Medical Center.
Intermountain Medical Center is one of the most technologically advanced and patient-friendly hospitals in America. Located in Murray – the center of Salt Lake City metro area – the hospital is a nonprofit Level-1 trauma center serving patients from throughout the Intermountain West with 472 licensed beds, approximately 4,400 employees, and 1,600 physicians. Our 100-acre campus offers five integrated centers of excellence that each contain the latest in 21st century technology. This allows patients to easily find and visit only those areas necessary for their individual care needs.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintains current knowledge of standard physical therapy practices for various patient populations.
- Provides competent services including treatment. Performs subjective and objective evaluation according to diagnosis, past history, and physician referral while developing a plan of care with appropriate goals and objectives based on patient evaluation. Effectively maintains established department/service line productivity standards.
- Maintains appropriate documentation for each patient in a complete, thorough, and timely manner in accordance with regulatory, facility, and department requirements. May assist in preparing patient billing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Appropriately communicates with patients, families, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare staff regarding patient's needs, abilities, and goals. Ensures smooth facility and department operations. Effectively utilizes rehabilitation services with optimum patient care and response.
- Responsible for all aspects of patient care and education for assigned patients including supervision of all services provided by physical therapy assistants, aides, office staff, and students; ensures consistent high-quality patient care.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities in accordance with established guidelines. Seeks opportunities for new and continual learning. Promotes and provides for continuing education for staff.
- Actively participates in the quality improvement process which may include maintaining and operating physical therapy equipment safely and in accordance with established indications, facility and manufacturer procedure for operations. Responsible for outcome input. Responsible to continually improve clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction. May assist in utilization review audits.
- May assist manager with department operational oversight (e.g., schedules, mentoring, supplies, equipment, department budgets).
- Actively participates in program development and marketing strategies to enhance the physical therapy programs referral base and development of department goals.
- Entry Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Part time, 24 hours per week
- Department: Intermountain Medical Center Outpatient Physical Therapy
- Current state Physical Therapist license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, and Walking.
- Clinical experience with orthopedic patients.
- Clinical experience in manual therapy.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Job Type Part Time