Intermountain Healthcare Pharmacy Tech II - Cottonwood Pharmacy - Part time in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Pharmacy Technician demonstrates consistent application of knowledge and skills in assisting the pharmacist in the execution of appropriate, safe, efficacious, efficient, and cost-effective pharmaceutical care. This position participates in many procedural aspects of pharmacy practice under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist or technician supervisor and is an integral part of the pharmacy team.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides customer service to patients, pharmacists, pharmacy students, pharmacy technicians, and other healthcare professionals in the areas of responsibility.
- Communicates with caregivers regarding responsibilities and identified concerns.
- Is competent and effective in technical responsibilities assigned and seeks appropriate training and peer feedback on routine responsibilities.
- Understands and complies with state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and guidelines related to their specific area of practice.
- Participates in and supports financial responsibilities of the department, facility, and Intermountain Healthcare.
- Provides delivery of medications, information, and service in a professional, timely manner and is actively engaged in department and team goals, activities, and projects.
- Attains appropriate supervision and accuracy checks by the pharmacist(s), and clearly understands when a pharmacist is required to verify tasks and activities .
- Participates in quality improvement activities and seeks a team approach to developing and achieving best practices and processes.
- Delivers detail-oriented, consistent, and flexible care.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 24 hours a week. Shifts will rotate and include nights and weekends.
- Department: Cottonwood Pharmacy located at the Cottonwood Medical Clinic, # 531, 181 East Medical Tower Drive, Murray, UT 84107.
- Additional Details:Pharmacy is open from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM on weekends.
- Current pharmacy technician license in state of practice.
- Current knowledge of state and federal regulations and statutes regarding the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of approved drugs, controlled substances, and investigational agents.
- Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing.
- Prior Pharmacy Technician retail experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location TOSH
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Salt Lake City