Intermountain Healthcare Parking Attendant in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Parking Attendant provides exceptional hospitality services to guests in an attentive, friendly, and efficient manner. In this key role, the Parking Attendant is responsible for greeting guests, parking and retrieving vehicles in a prompt yet safe manner, providing wheelchair, and way-finding assistance.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Proactively approaches, greets and acknowledges guests with a smile in a friendly, professional manner and provides prompt, responsive customer service.
- 2. Speaks with others using clear and professional language; answers telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- 3. Open doors and assists guests/visitors entering and leaving property.
- 4. Supplies guests with direction and information regarding hospital campus, including location of services, hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities, etc.
- 5. Assists guests with car doors and offers mobility assistance to those guests who need it.
- 6. Escorts and/or transports guests to their destination within the hospital, as needed.
- 7. Safely and slowly navigates through parking lot and maintains lookout to avoid hazardous situations. Drives defensively, avoiding accidents.
- 8. Records all information on parking stubs/tickets, transferring required information to log sheets, and maintains log sheets/reports.
- 9. Ensures car keys that are not picked up at the end of the day are taken to the arranged after hour collection point.
- 10. Monitors and maintains safety, security, and cleanliness of parking areas/levels, and reports any vehicles/safety hazards, unauthorized personnel, or potential security problems to the manager/supervisor
- 11. Follows all company policies and procedures; reports accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager/supervisor; maintains confidentiality of patient information; protects company assets.
- 12. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others; supports team to reach department goals.
- Entry Rate: $11.11+ depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes. For more information about our exceptional benefits, please visit https://intermountainhealthcare.org/careers/employee-benefits/
- Department: Safety & Security, Intermountain Medical Center
- Possess a current driver's license with no outstanding citations or warrants.
- Demonstrated ability to operate manual and standard transmissions as well as small (e.g., subcompact, etc.) and large (e.g., SUVs, trucks, etc.) vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a positive and upbeat manner.
- Demonstrated ability to follow work instructions and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to stand and exert well-paced mobility for duration of shift, and to exert well-paced ability to reach other areas of the hospital on a timely basis.
- Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Hearing / Listening, Lifting, Pulling / Pushing, Standing, Walking, Manual Dexterity.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Six months experience in a similar role
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time