Intermountain Healthcare CT Tech- 7 On 7 Off Graves- Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The CT Tech performs a variety of CT procedures using ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes. This position uses ingenuity, iniative, and independent judgement to perform high quality scans.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures proper patient identification, order verification, and prepares the patient for the exam.
- Performs exams per department protocol.
- Understands cross sectional anatomy and demonstrates anatomical positioning competency.
- Familiar with the ALARA program and follows proper radiation safety protocol.
- Demonstrates ability to critique own films.
- Completes studies within acceptable time limitations per department expectations without compromising patient care or the quality of the examination.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of protocol relating to contrast administration.
- As ordered by the physician and under radiologist or physician supervision administers oral barium products or intravenous contrast material to patients.
- Practices appropriate infection control and sterile techniques.
- Provides appropriate patient education and ensures patient comfort.
- Understands and operates CT equipment and related information systems appropriately to ensure that quality images are produced.
- Exhibits working knowledge of contrast injectors and laser printers.
- Exhibits understanding and proficiency with electronic imaging. Incumbent will be able to view, transfer and manipulate images.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
- Follows appropriate protocol for medical necessity, coding and charging, obtaining consents if necessary, documenting any events that may occur for quality, maintaining a current QC program for ACR and reporting any equipment failures or problems.
- Entry Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 7 On 7 Off, graveyard shift.
- Department: Intermountain Medical Center
- ARRT registered technologist.
- Current Utah State licensure.
- Basic life support (BLS) certified for healthcare providers.
- One year of experience in CT.
- Post-hire expectation: Meets departmental IV certification competency within three months of hire.
- Post-hire expectation: (Where applicable) Must complete the controlled substance module within six months of hire.
- Post-hire expectation: (Where applicable) Must complete the initial moderate sedation module within six months of hire.
- Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Standing.
- CT registered by ARRT.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 35
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Job Type Full Time