Intermountain Healthcare Cook: Full-time in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Cook performs basic food production in the following areas: retail, room service, catering, grill cook, display cook, and bakers' assistant.
Essential Job Duties
- Orders, maintains, and rotates supplies.
- Appropriately utilizes commercial cooking equipment including fryer, grill, steamer, and ovens.
- Performs quantity food production.
- Prepares food to order.
- Follows standardized recipes.
- Understands modified diets and prepares modified recipes using appropriate techniques.
- Maintains an organized, clean, and sanitary working environment.
- Maintains proper quantities of production with appropriate rotation of product.
- Prepares basic baked products with minimal supervision.
- May evaluate and test recipes.
- Follows HACCP standards.
- Entry Rate: $12.17 per hour, or more depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes.
- Shift Details: Full-time, 36 hrs/week. Monday through Friday. (No weekends Required)
- Department: Food Services, The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital in Murray
- Food Handler's Permit as required by county.
- One year of experience in food service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working independently and part of a team.
- Experience following instructions.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience handling problems and difficult situations.
- Basic math skills.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator, and tolerate exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Hospital food service experience.
- Baking experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 36
Primary Work Location TOSH
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time