Intermountain Healthcare Cook - Float Pool in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Cook performs basic food production in the following areas: retail, room service, catering, grill cook, display cook, and bakers' assistant.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Orders, maintains, and rotates supplies.
- 2. Appropriately utilizes commercial cooking equipment including fryer, grill, steamer, and ovens.
- 3. Performs quantity food production.
- 4. Prepares food to order.
- 5. Follows standardized recipes.
- 6. Understands modified diets and prepares modified recipes using appropriate techniques.
- 7. Maintains an organized, clean, and sanitary working environment.
- 8. Maintains proper quantities of production with appropriate rotation of product.
- 9. Prepares basic baked products with minimal supervision.
- 10. May evaluate and test recipes.
- 11. Follows HACCP standards.
- Entry Rate: $12.17 per hour, or more depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 3 * 8 hour shifts/week. May be scheduled up to 40 hrs/week.
- Additional details: This is a float pool position. Assigned shifts will be variable, any day of the week and/or shift, including Holidays. Consideration will be given to shifts not being scheduled end-on-end.
- Locations: Intermountain Medical Center, TOSH, Riverton Hospital, LDS Hospital, Alta View and Lake Park or any of their subsidiaries or off-site locations.
- Food Handler's Permit as required by county.
- One year of experience in food service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working independently and part of a team.
- Experience following instructions.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience handling problems and difficult situations.
- Basic math skills.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator, and tolerate exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Hospital food service experience.
- Baking experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 24, 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center, LDS Hospital, TOSH, Lake Park Campus, Alta View Hospital
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Riverton, US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Salt Lake City, US-UT-Draper