Intermountain Healthcare Category Leader I or II - Supply Chain in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
Essential Job Duties
Our employees, whom we call "caregivers", take pride in and live our mission of Helping People Live the Healthiest Lives Possible. Our caregivers work together to provide a collaborative, friendly environment and provide safe, quality, and individualized care and services.
- Our Category Leader position is responsible for "quarterbacking" their assigned Service Lines' supply chain strategies, proactively prioritizing and "driving" work efforts to completion, recommending unbiased, data-driven opportunities, managing the contract lifecycle portfolio, and spearheading relevant stakeholder and supplier relationships while reducing the total cost of ownership (TCO) for non-labor spend of the company.
- The incumbent effectively orchestrates the support work of the broader team (e.g., data mining/analytics, external pricing and utilization benchmarking, contracting language, negotiation/sourcing), efficiently leverages our internal resources to offer the best product (e.g., supplies, capital, services, equipment, software), and provides well-thought out and holistic recommendations that balance product quality, formulary compliance, timing, complexity to implement/convert, and preferred supplier partnerships.
- The incumbent works within the Procurement Supply Chain Organization (SCO) function, cross-functionally, with other hospital organizations and with the broader SCO to meet goals and improve processes and outcomes.
- Entry Rate: Starting at $35.26 + depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes - Medical, Dental, Vision, Tuition Assistance, 401K up to 4% matching, HSA/FSA, etc
- Shift Details: Business Hours M-F
- Department: Supply Chain - Category Management that manages categories of Laboratory Services, Kidney Services and Wound Care. Category Leaders are eligible for a unique Supply Chain Organization incentive program, driven by their individual and team achievement of goals, that represents up to 8% of their base compensation (Current program parameters, could be subject to change in the future).
Minimum Requirements - Category Leader I
- Experience with strategic sourcing, supply chain purchasing, contracting strategy/terms and conditions, supplier relations/negotiations, and large-scale procurement operations.
- Experience with financial and data analysis.
- Experience overseeing large-scale complex projects, communications, stakeholders, and risks.
- Experience in strategy development, delivering significant financial, quality, and service results.
- Experience working in healthcare supply chain procurement (e.g., sourcing, contracting, purchasing).
- Mastery in strategic sourcing/category management and contracting.
Minimum Requirements - Category Leader II
- MBA or Master's Degree. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Five years experience in a position requiring strategic sourcing, supply chain procurement analysis, supplier relations management or large scale procurement operations.
- Seven years experience in a role requiring effective communication and customer service skills, interfacing with internal experts.
- Experience in a role requiring attention to detail, sound decision making, sense of urgency / timeliness and negotiation skills working with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Experience in a role requiring work in a fast-paced and changing environment while handling multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Experience in project management leading and managing a team to achieve business goals in an acceptable timeframe in budget and scope of expectations.
- Experience in a position requiring contract negotiation and execution.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
- Interact with Others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other IT equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Five years of industry expertise in healthcare contracting and sourcing.
- Extensive knowledge of healthcare supply chain, pharma, product, service, software, and equipment knowledge.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Supply Chain Center
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time