Intermountain Healthcare Substance Use Disorder Counselor - Part Time - Logan Dayspring Clinic in Logan, Utah
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
This position utilizes substance use disorder expertise to perform psychosocial assessments, treatment planning, education on substance use disorders, crisis situation assessments to appropriately provide needed resources and or referrals for the patient, and to provide family, individual, and group treatment as indicated. The counselor works collaboratively with patients, patient's significant other, families, healthcare providers, insurers, community resources, and all other involved parties.
Essential Job Duties
- Assess the patient's medical history, mental health history, substance abuse history and current presentation to understand the patient's needs from treatment.
- Develops a plan of care either individually or with input from the patient, patient's family, patient's significant others, physicians, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Modifies care plans to reflect changes in the patient's status.
- Refers patients to other services to improve their well-being. Referrals may include community services, treatment programs, support groups, psychiatrists, or other mental health providers.
- Properly documents pertinent information about the patient's plan of care.
- Works with the multi-disciplinary team to develop a discharge plan to provide further care, services, and referrals to ensure continuity of care.
- Complies with federal, state, local, and clinical program or facility standards.
- Acts within the scope of the Mental Health Practice Act.
- Entry Rate: $20.65+ depending on experience.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: 18 hrs/wk; Tuesday and Thursday 5:00 am - 1:00 pm, plus Staff meetings and care management meetings (to be determined) 1 hour each.
- Department: Dayspring Clinic - Logan
- Associate's Degree from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Current State Licensure as an SUDC or ASUDC.
- Computer Skills, i.e., email, word processing.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information to utilize a wide variety of information including organizing and completing documentation and forms, accessing and entering computer information, and identifying needs and urgent issues.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, needs, and issues quickly and accurately.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- May require lifting and transporting objects and office supplies, bending, kneeling and reaching.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Experience in substance use disorder counseling and case management.
- Experience with patients, families, and treatment team.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 18
Primary Work Location Budge Clinic
Expertise Family Services / Mental Health
Job Type Part Time